True Multiboxing Alie and well, blizz doesnt care

Hey blizz, if you’re gonna make true multiboxing (using any kind of software/hardware able to send multiple inputs at the same time to multiple accounts) against ToS then at least do something about it when it’s reported.

There’s more than a few true boxers (not just /follow players) that have been reported numerous times by at least a few players that just continue to run around in world pvp and box using software. They are easy as hell to spot and not confuse with a group of people who have multiple accounts who are just using /follow.

Reporting them does nothing since blizz doesn’t have enough people as GMs and their automated systems are trash. Glad they’re saving money on those salaries though!

4 Likes

How do you know they are using a software? Are you basing that solely off of what you think you see?

3 Likes

Just because someone has 4 accounts following him or someone using 5 accounts to do stuff doesnt mean theyre using software or hardware.

2 Likes

What I know i see. When you have 3 lightning bolts cast at you at exactly the same time or you get dotted with 3 siphon lifes at the same exact time followed by 3 corruptions at the same exact time all from players on /follow, that’s input broadcasting my friend.

As for the accounts the just /follow each other, that’s fine since it’s not against ToS. The input broadcasters are the issue. It’s super easy to spot the difference.

13 Likes

Just use a keyboard multiplexer instead

1 Like

You do know we can multi box without using the /follow or any input software or hardware right? In game overlays are a thing.

Technically still not “ok” by blizzard.

Not that they could ever actually figure it out

1 Like

Sorry that still doesn’t mean it’s broadcasting.

Upload a video and I can tell you if they’re using software or not. Been a multiboxer now for 5 or so years. RIP when broadcasting went away but all us legit ones adapted to the rules, but I still see some broadcasters sometimes. I don’t report them but I do get jealous that I don’t have the balls to risk my account.

1 Like

It’s not just software though, hardware is banned too. At this point if you see anyone who appears to be capable of duplicating actions across multiple accounts simultaneously they should be reported under the suspicion of cheating. It’s up to Blizzard to determine whether they are or not, and if they’re not cheating then they become more aware of a form of MBing that likely respects the word of the law, but not the spirit.

In fact I saw my first suspicious one the other day, and it was pretty obvious something was amiss as he was arcane explosioning across multiple mages at once. Whatever he’s doing it’s almost certainly against the rules, and I reported him. Likely cheating, but if he’s not he’s figured out some new form of boxing that doesn’t actually infringe on the rules as they currently stand. If it becomes prevalent enough we may see another update to the rules like they did when they updated it to include hardware setups. If multiboxers continue to push them it’s possible they will outright ban anything that even remotely resembles it. Probably a long ways off from that though. As it currently stands MBing is a shadow of what it used to be.

1 Like

I have a multiboxer on my server who is using input broadcasting (all characters casting at the same exact time) and screenshots to prove it with cast bars showing. I’ve reported this guy at least a dozen times by now and he has yet to be banned.

Any word from blizz if they are ever going to do anything about this or is it ok to just start multiboxing myself?

Do it!

Report back with your findings.

2 Likes

Success!! I was able to box 10 accounts and 1 shot all players while doing my dailies with no repercussions. I suggest everyone just ignore TOS and start doing it again!

Its fairly simple to multicast or dot the same spell almost instantly without hardware or software.

You use your keyboard hardware to set alt tab to work on just a single key press. We will call that key 1

On your main wow window, bind your spell to key 2

On your other wow windows, make a /assist macro /cast spell and have it assist your main window character and cast the spell, also bind to key 2.

So all you have to do is press 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 as fast as you can and you now have 5 corruptions on you. Remember to press 1 again to go back to main window.

You will also have to edit windows settings to progress yout alt tabs in order, and not prioritize your previous screen

I’m a veteran ex software boxer myself for years and am dam good at the alt tab game on 4 accounts when I put them on follow and I get what you are saying. But, this is 100% software, its obvious when everything is cast at the same exact time within milliseconds. No way anyone is getting 5 toons to cast at that timing even with the setup you mentioned. Although I like the idea.

Without any third-party* hardware or software may be more accurate, as what you describe is using hardware (your keyboard), and software (granted, it’s likely software that comes with your OS) to send keyboard commands to particular client instances.

Whether this may result in account actions or not is questionable at best, imo.

We will now additionally prohibit the use of all software and hardware mechanisms to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way.

I fully get this and agree, I hate multiboxers and have even taken screenshots… Ya know when you see a player with the name ZXC1, ZXC2, ZXC3, ZXC4, ZXC5… YEA thats a multiboxer when they all can attack a mob in sync…

However, dont confuse a player with two accounts having a character on /follow to help them with a quest. I do that with my main when my alt runs into issues with hard mobs… Thats not multiboxing… Thats just someone using two monitors to play two accounts.

I did mean software, such as Razer Synapse, my bad.

But this is simply remapping your keys, it doesn’t mirror keystrokes, so it doesn’t break TOS. It works the same as remapping keys to mouse buttons.

Though with the black widow macro function, you could configure one key to press that combination of 2121212121 in a matter of milliseconds. Which is questionable.

With how many people that use synapse, I don’t think blizzard could enforce anything against it using auto detection, though we all know no one is going to manually review any reports because that would require hiring gms.

Well, AFAIK, there hasn’t been a ToS for years. It was superseded by the EULA. And as far as the actual wording on what is considered actionable, check the official documentation:

Which points to the post quoted above as the official forum post.

We will now additionally prohibit the use of all software and hardware mechanisms to mirror commands to multiple World of Warcraft accounts at the same time, or to automate or streamline multi-boxing in any way.

Especially note, “streamline multi-boxing in any way,” and I’d loop right back to: