True Australian Hero

In these dark times in world history it’s important to remember the good times. The bright times. I bring to you a true Australian hero, one that you may always look up to and admire, as he explores that all of this… is democracy manifest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeihcfYft9w

7 Likes

This is why we Aussies have such a hard time wrapping our heads around why American coppers get away with all their shenanigans.

1 Like

Too much democracy being manifested over the sea :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It is weird.

Back when the Yank Navy used to come down to the south-west of australia to resupply their ships, they’d come ashore and we’d bloody grab these guys and drag them down to the pubs. And then they’d get dragged off again by every lady (and a few gents) between the ages of 18 and 40, but this is a good christian forum and I have an allergy to hammers…

And they would be terrified of our coppers, and we’re all “Eyy sarge, we ate all the donuts, sorry!” and the cops would be giving us the finger back and we’d all be laughing and chatting with them, meanwhile these poor sailors are having fifteen kinds of heart-attacks all at once next to us and going “SIR YES SIR!” to anything, literally anything the coppers asked them.

They’d be walking down the street and the coppers would pull them over just to give them an invitation to a BBQ or ask if anyone’s giving them grief, and you could almost see the 404 message behind the sailors’ eyes. It was really strange to meet somebody who served in the armed forces that was afraid of a mere police officer, and it stuck with me for years how terrified they were of just simple coppers.

1 Like

That’s why I eat a hammer every day to help build immunity.

2 Likes

And what does this have to do with playing WoW on WrA?

2 Likes

Yeah, I live in a place so rural that the only police you see are on the road giving tickets. They’re like, part-time in the nearest town haha.

But go to Melbourne and the cops will be more than happy to run you over with their car on purpose and taze you into a coma.

Gnomish protestor getting dragged away after asking why there hasn’t been an election for High Tinker in over 2 decades. (36 ADP, colourised.)

Garrosh on trial after eating the Heart of Y’shaarj

“What is the charge?! Eating a meal? A succulent Pandaren meal?!”

5 Likes

Yeah listen we only defeated Garrosh because we had Pandaren who knew their Judo well. It’s an important life lesson.

2 Likes

Garrosh escaped with the help of an insider, but the establishment (Thrall) was there to steal our kill ^ _ ^

Oh hey it’s also applicable because the new Horde council… is democracy manifest!

Or at least oligarchy manifest but what do I know

Anyways when I was in college I worked as a busboy at an Outback Steakhouse™ for a year so I like to think of myself as an “honorary Australian”

6 Likes

I mean, if we’re really breaking it down,

the the ‘birthplace of democracy’ in Athens still had to start somewhere.

Not everyone can be gnomes and vote away their democracy for a absolute mona- wait a minute…

2 Likes

My Aussie friend when they came to visit the states ate at an Outback Steakhouse and the manager came out and gave them a hat :+1:

Anyway I have nothing to contribute but I sent that video to some friends and the entire chat was filled with DEMOCRACY MANIFEST replies

4 Likes

I liked that movie Australia with nicole kidman

What do you call dried grapes?

bofa

10chr

1 Like

Sultanas.

Also now you know what to yell when the PC Guard Guilds attempt to grab you in the streets.

“DEMOCRACY MANIFEST!” and “HE’S TOUCHING MY …!”

2 Likes

This video has been used in a lot of high school civics classes (at least that I’ve heard of) since it came out, and I think it does a lot to explain (one of the many) reasons that Americans tend to distrust cops on principle.

Or, at least, when it’s not rhetorically advantageous for them to do so.

1 Like