Troll's have fur?

Troll fur seems to be of the same sort as horse hair. It's very coarse and very short, as well as being very dense. From a distance it's pretty much indistinguishable from skin.
I never consider trolls to be furry. I doubt most people, or WoW artists seem to either. In fact, this is the only piece of artwork I've ever seen depicting them with fur:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061210035856/wowwiki/images/thumb/e/ec/Trollprimal.jpg/433px-Trollprimal.jpg

Fun fact: Humans have more hairs on their body than a chimpanzee. They're just shorter and much finer.
Troll fur seems to be of the same sort as horse hair. It's very coarse and very short, as well as being very dense. From a distance it's pretty much indistinguishable from skin.

I like this. *Rubs hand over a coarse troll's fur* That or the peach fuzz idea.

03/31/2011 06:48 PMPosted by Vticanasasin

The "Tutorial" Warcraft III cinematic and as quoted from Daelin Proudmoore.

Given that Daelin was a bigot I don't think we can take his word on orc characteristics too seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbH-JZb3wDI

If you skip to end you'll see the black blood of the orc mixing with the human's red blood.

It also makes sense that orcs like the Blackrock and Dragonmaw come in black-skinned varieties.
03/31/2011 06:31 PMPosted by Amble
I like this. *Rubs hand over a coarse troll's fur* That or the peach fuzz idea.

*Purrs like a kitten*
Draenei blood is canonically blue, which can even be seen in-game.

Orc blood is red, just dark (Rise of the Horde).

Trolls are fuzzy like a cat's ear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbH-JZb3wDI

If you skip to end you'll see the black blood of the orc mixing with the human's red blood.

It also makes sense that orcs like the Blackrock and Dragonmaw come in black-skinned varieties.

Gonna guess retconned, Orcs bleed red in WoW.

Could of been an artifact of demonic corruption.

Or just another overlooked lore nugget.

edit: Blue blood is actually feasible IRL too. Just use copper instead of Iron as an oxygen coupler in hemoglobin.
03/31/2011 10:58 PMPosted by Lolotea

That would be cute.

Any word yet on Troll blood color? And tongues, etc?
That would be cute.

Red by most accounts, other by the graphic of Zul'jin's blood and really who gives a !*%# about any other Trolls.. His blood was badass too glowing blue and still fightin' in the bottle.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=33102

Also Trolls blood is incredibly thick. So thick you can hold it in your hand.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=52064#

That would be cute.

Red (going by the splatters when my trollies get hit in battle) and the usual pink, respectively, I'd guess.

As for trolls having very thick blood: they produce extra platelets when injured to speed their regenerative abilities, perhaps?
03/31/2011 11:55 PMPosted by Lolotea
As for trolls having very thick blood: they produce extra platelets when injured to speed their regenerative abilities, perhaps?

Sounds good to me.
So they're like my favorite action figure as a kid, Moss Man.

Let's see who else will date themselves now and admit to knowing what I'm talking about...
04/01/2011 12:15 PMPosted by Marbhan

Let's see who else will date themselves now and admit to knowing what I'm talking about...

I bought the Mattie collectors version of Moss man just because I loved him so much lol
08/06/2018 03:48 AMPosted by Bruttenholm

I bought the Mattie collectors version of Moss man just because I loved him so much lol

Begone foul necromancer!

This is my new favorite thing.
08/06/2018 03:48 AMPosted by Bruttenholm

Dirty dirty necro.
This will probably be locked soon for necro, but I just want to mention that Shadows of the Horde makes a few references to Vol'jin's fur.

(Then again, Before the Storm gave Genn a tail in worgen form, and apparently that's non canon.)
08/06/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Nerfiryx

This is my new favorite thing.

Hmmm
I'll acknowledge it once we see it. The only "fur" I've seen has been on one Frost Troll boss in Throne of Thunder.
Arguably the Forest Troll boss too, but that could just as easily be body hair.

No jungle troll has ever been depicted as having fur.
1 Like
They all have fur. Their skin isn't that blue color (or, for Amani, green) - that's short, soft, dense fur, per canon.
1 Like