Tried SV hunter.... I just want to know why?

I haven’t played for years.

But I want to know why? Why did you feel the need to offer Hunter’s a melee spec? Do you not think we have enough of those?

I know this is old news for a lot of you. But I was completely caught by surprise today when I looked into it.

People who chose hunter definitely knew they were going to be using a ranged weapon.

This spec change was unnecessary and just added another melee spec to a bloated roster.

Thanks Blizzard.

51 Likes

Survival Hunter is fine though

Rexxar is a melee hunter

You still have two specs that is ranged, anything that came from survival hunter pre melee spec was given to marksmanship

Honestly beast mastery is better than the other two specs due to 100% mobility rotation

31 Likes

What day is it?

6 Likes

Because it really a lot of fun to play. Good Lord, people are gonna whine about anything now these days.

32 Likes

Not sunday yet, thats for sure.

3 Likes

Hunters started the game with melee weapons and abilities.

25 Likes

well alot of people enjoyed ranged survival so why get rid of it in the first place.

12 Likes

Cool in that case lets make 1 rogue spec range and 1 each of the Mage and lock specs melee.

Don’t need 3 rogue melee specs or 3 mage and 3 lock range specs .

All of their specs are the same they either stab or use spells.

30 Likes

Tbh I feel like they should have kept ranged survival and made a fourth spec for melee.

But that would have opened the floodgates to all classes getting 4 specs

17 Likes

“ThAt DoSeN’t CoUnT!!1!11!!1”

9 Likes

What was Survival’s old identity?

I know they had Explosive Shot and Black Arrow. That’s all I remember though.

New Survival at least HAS an identity now.

5 Likes

I actually play with a weapon swap macro sometimes, it has its uses. Surv isn’t really melee, it’s mid-range hybrid.

4 Likes

I killed a guy with Mongoose Bite in Wintergrasp 10 years ago.

Survival as a melee spec is fine.

7 Likes

Old survival hunter had melee abilities and talents that improved them

1 Like

I’d kill for a ranged rogue spec

As someone who primarily plays tanks and melee DPS, I’d kill for this too.

5 Likes

I don’t care.

BM for life.

1 Like

As well as ranged and most of their abilities from 1-10 are range abilities.

2 Likes

Thank you for being on my side.

I already said in my post it was old news brat.

3 Likes

you can still equip a bow and shoot people dude. In fact, you still can kill command, serpent sting, and wildfire bomb with Survival and a bow, swapping out Raptor Strike for Arcane Arrow and Steady Shot.

3 Likes

It have talents and situations where you can go 40 yard range mobility so yeah it is a hybrid which is fun

1 Like