Tried FF14 for 2 full days

I mean that’s fine but it’s still more enjoyable than FF. It doesn’t always need to be an overly complicated experience for players to enjoy themselves.

I personally don’t think FF is a bad game, it’s just not a very good MMO. NW is an MMO.

1 Like

I am leveling slowly. And for me the game had like a switch.

From lvl 1 to 27 I was like “Man, I don’t feel good in this environment. I don’t like the graphics.”

Then on lvl 28 I was like “Dude, I love the graphics and the quests.”

I still think combat in wow is more fluid, however. But I play a Lancer, their animation are quite long.

5 Likes

Ah I see, I’ll try it eventually at some point, however I’m just a dedicated WoW player, don’t like the dev team, the community if off and on, but I love the lore, races, classes, gameplay. Just can’t put it down for another MMO lol. I like exploring and meeting random players and helping em out. Some people I randomly come across have become life long friends, stuff like that is why I stay

5 Likes

Difference is swtors story is actually interesting. Every class has a unique storyline and even the boring classes like consuler are engaging.

3 Likes

Yea ff they basically have like 30 yrs of back story to toss at you from what I hear even new players eventually get a "Hey thats the guy from the thing way back there wow."moment.
Swtor they can make up stuff on the fly its like 500 yrs after kotor and 1500yrs before vader.

1 Like

Ast is a decent job. It’s had some overhauls and improvements over the years, some I like, some I don’t.

The story isn’t that great, in my opinion. The activities at the end are what were fun.

Regardless, it isn’t for everyone… just like any other MMO.

1 Like

What are some examples?

1 Like

I think at least for me what makes the swtor story more superior to ff14s story is that swtor is part of the legends continuity. So there’s tons and tons of lore to be had.

The references to past instances like Malakor 5, the jedi exile and Lord Scourge. Reven. Even grandmaster satele shan and her family history.

For me the sith inquisitor storyline is the best but I also agree with the community that the best written class story will always be the agent.

4 Likes

Try New World…only have to buy the game once and no sub fees each month…I tried FF14 the game style just wasn’t for me either…

3 Likes

You want to like other games by playing them for 2 day and then complaining that they are terrible lol… just stick to wow for the rest of your life lol

10 Likes

Oh yea that is def the best story also get best title from the revan storyline.

Once I found out that one toon could do everything in ff I quit and uninstalled.

For me that type of playstyle only works in single player games, not mmos.

1 Like

Later dungeons, the journey to getting your glowing weapon, raids

Sith intelligence is an amazing title. I also love Dark Council Elite for inquisitors. Though empires wrath is cool for warriors. Wish it was emperors wrath but its close enough.

i mean you look at SL now how its alt unfriendly lol… i guess you like grinding in SL with all your alts ?

1 Like

I dont grind. I get what I can and im content with it.

If I grind anything it’s legacy raids.

1 Like

Yea empire’s wrath was lazy and lame tbh. Agent was fun warriors I though jedi was better overall between the 2. Cons was pretty good also the infection kept you going.

Bounty hunter was kinda cool too. Mako was my bounty hunters romance lol

You’re in the ARR part of course you wouldn’t survive that long. V.O don’t come until later into the game once you meet some of the Scions. Things don’t get better until you past that part.

Actually FFXIV is a MMORPG because it’s motto influence came from WoW during Cata and MoP.

WoW used to be a MMORPG until WoD and then on out becoming a Action RPG. They have no relevancy to an actual mmorpg besides just end game instances and raid logs. Everything in that game got watered down.

The problem with your post is that you’re a dedicated WoW fans like many of us here except you can’t say it. You’re still attached to the game more than you can branch out to others while taking a break from WoW. Going to FFXIV right now with your mindset isn’t going to work. You yourself have to be willingly to move on and take a break from WoW to play something else fully.

I truly haven’t logged on WoW in about almost 2 weeks or 3. Once I stopped doing mythic + runs regularly. I knew it my time logging on this game was going to decrease even more. I’m not saying to get addicted to a new mmorpg, but recognize why you wouldn’t move on from WoW.

12 Likes

Lol I liked sith warrior I went total love triangle and it went darkside with vett and forget the name jess?.Did not like having to give up a comp with the last expansion made me choose to let one die.