Tried FF14 for 2 full days

and it’s just terrible. The silence in that game is deafening and about drove me crazy with NO voice actors at all (or at least up to where I went). The combat is hilarious and mindless. I know I didn’t experience a lot of the game but I just couldn’t do it any more. About 14 hours over 2 days of focused game time to see if I enjoyed myself and I just kept waiting for something to make me say “Woah, that is amazing… I love it” or something like that. /buzzersound
Sure the scenery is pretty and the MOGs are, well, unique. I think 1 reviewer said it best:
WoW is an MMORPG and FFXIV is an RPGMMO - I don’t even think I will even dabble in it any more, just not for me.

54 Likes

gameplay is not great, but not bad. the bad part is the story there. class design is worse even than wow. decent replacement for something like “second life” otherwise. what really killed any and all possibility for enjoyment was buying a house in that game. now I HAVE to be subbed once every 45 days and I do so just to log in twice.

3 Likes

Who cares?

32 Likes

I’m the opposite! I’ve come here last week from FF after a discord friend convinced me.

At higher levels combat does become a lot more complicated but it is also incredibly rewarding. I know it’s a meme at this point but if you do stick with the story, it does become addictive!

25 Likes

It’s not a bad game but if you’ve played for just 2 days, you’ve not really played FF14.

98 Likes

Is it really? I couldn’t get over how the game looked, but I can’t give a fleshed out opinion since I never gave it the time. My consistent trend is as much as i try other MMO’s i always find myself back here :rofl:

5 Likes

BINGO. and I really WANT to like another game.

That’s fair… it just hasn’t hooked me whatsoever in any way yet.

About your post? No one.

12 Likes

agreed my friend, I’d like to get as attached to a game, but just can’t seem to no matter the dedication I put into it, at least in the confines of the MMO genre

1 Like

I played for about an hour and I was over it.

9 Likes

Didnt they take the swtor path and the first like 50 lvls is a crash course in lore essentially.

1 Like

You absolutely have to get past level 30 and unlock your actual job. The majority of people I’ve read who tried the game never even made it that far. Each job changes as you go higher and get faster and faster.

Take Machinist, which is one of my mains. It’s slooooooow and simple but at 80, it’s much faster, lots of things to weave in and much more exciting.

It’s hard to tell someone “just reach max level” because that’s kind of asking a lot.

13 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

Try NW, it’s a better experience.

Simplicity is the keyword when it comes to NW combat, but it still manages to keep you entertained. It also helps that there’s a lot of players engaged in open world content together, so it feels like something similar to when WoW first released.

FF is a fun singleplayer title. I’m not saying that as an insult, it’s just not as enjoyable with a group like NW is. NW truly feels like an MMO experience. I think that’s why so many players are loving it.

1 Like

See I have heard the exact opposite, that New World is pretty shallow right now, big as an ocean, shallow as a kiddie pool, at least that’s what my friend group has told me. Note yes they use to be WoW fans but havent played for almost 2 years now most of em

4 Likes

You’ve got to be joking.

New World is terrible.
It’s stupidly oversimplistic.
The story is non-existent.
The content is non-existent.

It’s bleeding viewers and players faster than any mmo I recently remember.

I’ll try it again in 2 years or so when they’ve had time to make actual content.

22 Likes

I made it to like 50? Can’t remember exactly but way past 30 because I wanted to play AST. Still got bored of the game and the story.

2 Likes

I thought it was horrible and it sure wasnt worth the time it took to download imo

1 Like

That game has already lost half its starting population

7 Likes

I’d say it tends to ‘play worse’ but look better than WoW. Screenshots and Gposes (animations you can make) look pretty great. However the gameplay so far in WoW is feeling pretty good.

1 Like

Tbh FF14 really tested my patience through ARR (until the end). There’s a reason why the entire community made a meme out of “Pray return to the waking sands” lmao.
Heavensward and Shadowbringers was amazing storytelling, but Stormblood tested me for a bit and I had to quit half way through it.

11 Likes