Tried coming back, too awful, quit an hour later

World of Warcraft endgame is terrible. In fact, it’s the worst it’s ever been.

I quit back in January. Resubbed today for literally an hour, then unsubbed again once the reality set in.

• The anima grind, while ‘optional’, is daunting.
  • Getting a new toon to 60 then farming up your legendary recipes, including ones you need from the previous raid tier, is overwhelming.
  • Getting a profession up and maxing out the crafting needed to make legendary items is insane amounts of gold and just not feasible as a returning or new player unless you buy coins or have a ton of gold in reserve already. This means you’ll have to buy your legendary items and that, too, is incredibly expensive.
  • WQs to complete Callings are chores. Not fun. At all. It’s just a mindless slog to get some rep and a few thousand gold.
  • The mission table is horrendous. Just the sheer amount of work you need to do to get this up to max is soul crushing.
  • The Maw is terrible. Another chore except stressful and unfun.
  • Torghast is called Choregast or Boregast and for good reason. It’s just awful content. Another piece of required content where you turn your brain off and chug away.

I deleted every toon I had back in January and gave away millions of gold and swore I’d never come back because of how bad SL was and what they did to WoW. I said if SL didn’t fix the wrongs of BFA I was done. Stupidly I came back and tried it again. Guess I just had to know I did the right thing.

Fix your game, Blizzard. You’ve ruined WoW.

51 Likes

They’ve certainly left the casual for dust.

14 Likes

Well at least you can say you gave it the old 60 minute college try…>.>

Now I have to wonder if I’m doing the mission table wrong. The 30 clicks a day to start new missions and open rewards hasn’t crushed my soul yet

12 Likes

Thanks for reminding me why I am on a quest to rid myself of playing this game. All I do is get mad, frustrated, and disappointed. There really is NO fun left for me and I really do want to quit wasting my time in frustration. The game used to be plain old fun and I wasn’t even really progressing, just having fun.

THose days are long gone and after being involved in the wod beta I could see the writing on the wall.

5 Likes

It’s not even about casuals anymore. They’ve just turned their game into a time-played Blizzard Coin selling machine and they don’t even try to hide it.

They just wear their greed on their sleeve. It’s sad.

17 Likes

To be fair, he’s probably speaking about the levels. You had options to get experience from different sources in Legion and maybe BFA for companions.

Now if you took a break, you have no luck other than to wait for one token through some renown levels every now and then

to be fair you can farm out any materials you need.
this is similar to classic where you had to farm a lot of very rare/expensive materials.

2 Likes

I am someone who actually loves grinding in games. I loved grinding playing Dragon Quest, I loved the grinding in the game 9th Dawn 3, and I find it relaxing and fun. HOWEVER ladies and gentleman… the grinding in the maw and torghast is not fun. I hate all of my time spend there, i hate Venari too and all the pointless crap she asks me to do. Like go do it yourself Venari if you are so good.

8 Likes

Yeah you definitely got a complete picture from that

bye

12 Likes

I find that the value in my time is just gone.

Ok its great if you can spend dozens of hours keeping up with it but I just don’t have that kind of time anymore.

2 Likes

While this is true, and I remember farming motes endlessly in Nagrand back in BC, I also had time to do it.

Now between needing to grind all of the currencies, try to get groups for legendary recipes, and do all of the little chores they introduced to keep me logged on, it’s just not even worth the effort.

3 Likes

Hell, I’d barely have been out of the Maw intro after an hour my first time through.

1 Like

Great post.

Whomever came up with the term “Systemlands” was 100% correct. I can’t even be bothered to work on alts anymore know what awaits them the minute they hit 60.

4 Likes

He’ll be back…again.

2 Likes

After I got to Oribos and started thinking of everything I had done on my hunter prior to deleting everything, that was all the time I needed. I didn’t need to experience it again. Just the thought of it killed my joy of the game.

4 Likes

I certainly understand why a casual might come to these conclusions. But in an hour? More like a week or two.

3 Likes

Oh so you literally didn’t even play the patch, just paid $15 to stand in Oribos for an hour.

Thanks for contributing I guess lol

6 Likes

i think its worth the effort if you enjoy raiding/mythics. if you dont then all there is to do is collect stuff/farm cosmetics. if you dont like that either theres not really a point in playing tbh.

2 Likes

Couldn’t you have just thought about it without resubbing?

3 Likes

If I need to drop $15 every 6 months for an hour to remind me of why I quit the game, then I guess I’ll just keep doing it. Sad to say but yeah I’m an addict after 15 years of this being my only game and now trying to keep occupied in my spare time with things that don’t interest me.

It’s a vicious cycle, my friend.

5 Likes