Tricked into Kyrian? What?

I just did a quest in Oribos and now I’m Kyrian…???

I tried talking to the Night Fae fairy and she’s not giving me any options. How the heck do I go back?

To clarify because there’s comical trolling in my guild’s discord… I was initially Kyrian and it did NOT ask me the 10 “ARE YOU SURE” prompts that it asked way back when I swapped to NF. It was just a “Suprise” when I hearthed and couldn’t get back into the NF base.

I have 43 renown on NF and 14 on Kyrian but zero interest in playing it.

You may have to wait until next weeks reset before being able to switch back to Nightfae. Doing the quest means you started the quest to change to Kyrian as nobody else could do so on your character.

1 Like

That would be hugely annoying if I’m losing a large chunk of my viability all weekend…

I didn’t get a quest to start Kyrian because I already had 14 renown levels from early in expac. I was handing in one of the 9.1 quests and apparently clicked the wrong option by accident, but instead of the normal prompts it just swapped me over.

I’ve done the 9.1 quests and none of them have you talk with the covenant representatives in Oribos.

7 Likes

Someone in guild said it was a Korthia quest but I had already been questing out there with dailies so idk how accurate that was but it was 100% a quest that only appeared after 9.1 one way or another

Also ty for chiming in and not just trolling. Was expecting a bunch of toxic replies lol

Then you can blame your guildie for you doing a quest that caused the covenant change. There are things in place to keep players from swapping on the fly such as the quest this week, and there should be another quest next weekly reset to complete the change, and then you should be able to pick up the initial quest to swap back to NF.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m pretty sure whatever those systems are somehow broke because I distinctively remember what it took to change to NF and NONE of that happened here.

They added a new feature that allows you to quickly swap back to an old covenant one time without going through the whole process, so maybe that’s what happened here?

8 Likes

Yeah I’m talking to people on other places too and apparently the mob was at the center table in Oribos, not at the normal place, which is why I was so confused when it happened. Also yes I 100% DID NOT have the normal prompts for swapping covenants, but that change makes a lot more sense.

I’m just baffled at how someone was so idiotic to create a quest that moves a covenant choice NPC around and puts you in this position… Absolutely insane.

1 Like

On the other hand, players wanted an easier way to swap covenants. Players also don’t want to clicking through, as you described, “10 ARE YOU SURE prompts” to play the game.

Then take it up with your guild. You listen to another player, knowing that it was probably trolling, and Blizzard is to blame?

3 Likes

This happened to me too on this character. I accepted “Korthia Awaits” and then it said I lost my Night Fae title. I had at least 40 renown before it changed me to Kyrian and I did not see any prompts whatsoever about changing covenants. I wouldn’t have changed covenants because I prefer this covenant. I do wonder if this is a bug. I have a link to the dialogue showing this but the forums won’t let me post the link.

1 Like

I took this screenshot when I sent my alts through because the covenant switch option is definitely the first option on this NPC in the first campaign quest. I’m sure the only time this is a problem is for those who were formerly Kyrian due to the quick swap hotfix implemented, but it probably should be phased out for at least this quest to avoid this. I noticed the other NPCs had their covenant switching dialogue in the center of the room during this phase, but they are not as problematic since this is the NPC you have to talk to for the main quest. Or at least they need to add “Campaign Quest” in red text next to the important one.

3 Likes

This is super useful information :slight_smile: I only think it might not be what happened for me this time because once I had accepted the quest "Korthia Awaits’ it THEN took my night fae title away :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad that helps! You can submit a bug report at the link below and use the ` character surrounding your image link on a site like imgur like this:

www.wowhead.com – people will still be able to copy and paste the image link that way.

3 Likes