Tremendous amounts of information regarding pre-patch honor

well it seems like there are just 2 extremes of people in general here, people raging about the nerf and people being smug about others not being able to get gm/wl gear

1 Like

It happens on Twitter too. If you post some facts or evidence that opposes the narrative, people will go after you relentlessly. We’re at a dangerous point in the world; it seems like most people don’t care about the truth.

3 Likes

Having some issues attaching additional images to my OP. Here’s someone complaining that marks are too easy to obtain and honor is too hard. This was before they nerfed the honor gain by an additional 30% in the original TBC pre-patch:

Here’s someone complaining about low honor in AV:

Source:

2 Likes

Great research & insight.

Sadly this is going to be ignored like the other 10,000 posts around honor

4 Likes

MVP apologist, what else would you expect.

1 Like

Looks like around patch 2.3 the cost of the level 60 PvP gear was reduced from the pre-patch values:

We’re getting more honor with the double honor event, and the items cost less than they did in the original pre-patch. Current prices on the TBC Classic pre-patch:

2 Likes

The 14 number in the blue post is that of an unranked kill which originally gave 140 CP. This system existed until 2.3 when ALL kills were normalized to not take rank into account and thus all went to unranked honor, which was 14 honor for 60 and 20.9 for 70.

To say that my video was “a display issue” when it literally applied to 13 minutes of kills after kills after kills after kills after kills is disingenuous as this was simple flytext during the prepatch.

Feral druid ganks warlock - 18 honor. This is higher than 14 honor, which means this was a diminished kill.

PvP Krillyn video 39 seconds in that number is higher than 14 and the kill is only a sergeant. There are also lowbie kills in this video, level 52s really?
1:30 - 16 honor gained. If the honor is 14 for a level 60, why are we seeing DIMINISHED VALUES higher than 14?

The PvP system yielded the honor and the base value of 14 was only applied to UNRANKED players. The arena wasn’t the only thing that got tons of changes in 2.3 (season 3 area).

20 honor from a rank 10 gank. Video was posted on July 7th, 2007:

This is months before season 3 when you said:

Here’s a post saying honor at 70 is 20.9:

It is important to note the following: one kill= 20.9 honor at level 70.

Rank 9 kill, 21 honor (rounding happens when honor is 20.9):

Released on November 13th, 2007. This video is July 7th, 2007.

3 Likes

Because one week into the original pre-patch, the honor from ALL SOURCES WAS NERFED 30%:

Posted by Nethaera 12/12/06, 11:24:29AM CST

Q u o t e:
Now that the Before the Storm content patch has been live for the past week, we’ve had a better opportunity to track the rate at which players are accumulating honor, and subsequently how easy it’s been to obtain honor rewards. In gauging these elements, we’ve determined that the effort required to obtain honor rewards is more trivial than we had intended. As a result, during today’s maintenance we’ve applied a hotfix that reduced the amount of honor gained by approximately 30%. This change allows the honor rewards to be obtained at rate that better reflects the item’s in-game value.

Those videos were obviously taken during the week where HK’s were worth 20 honor. 20 honor minus 10% from 1 diminishing kill is… 18.

1258, That’s how many upvotes misinformation gets today. The truth is buried and the people propagating misinformation call the truth seekers attention seekers.

Unbelievable.

4 Likes

That’s fine. That’s not even the rates I was talking about.

I know, you go through all this effort and everything you post is either completely wrong on its face, argumentative in nature when its wrong or just contrarianism.

It’s not misinformation, its the reality of what actually existed and there’s video evidence showing this information in the era it was done. But you are setting it all the actual video evidence of the prepatch aside and calling it a “display problem” as you link level 70 TBC content as evidence. This is what happens when reality is completely distorted.

3 Likes

I played during the original pre-patch for TBC and grinded for several hours every day until the launch of TBC and only managed to get a single weapon and the shoulders.

Edit: And during TBC it took me practically the entire season to acquire a full set of honor gear.

1 Like

Not to mention how many people in BGs right now are low ranked or zero ranked boosted players. How much honor from HKs were you going to get from them, really?

You said the honor was affected by ranks until patch 2.3. The video I linked shows the level 70 HK value of 20.9 being applied to every single kill REGARDLESS OF RANK BEFORE patch 2.3

You’re not even dealing in misinformation anymore, it’s outright DISINFORMATION. It’s lying, plain and simple.

4 Likes

you mustn ot have played tbc if you think 500-1000 honor an hour is “abysmal”

2 Likes

All those links and research for something that will be irrelevant in 3-4 levels into tbc. Oh and also Blizz isn’t gonna change it… Maybe if you put half as much time grinding honor you might get the almost obsolete gear you’re chasing. QQ MOAR?

It’s not about that for me. It’s about the culture of lying and manipulation we have.

hes posting the links and research to show its already correct, not because he wants it to be increased

2 Likes

It more about what right at this point some got to use a better way to have honor for something that will make a impact on the game later on (70). there 2 option, they remove what was earned with it or give everyone the same starting point.

zOmG MuH PiXeLS!

How on earth would Blizzard calculate what was earned before and after now?
When have they ever taken rewards back when they earned them by playing the game unknowing it was a bug?