Transport to SoD/World boss?

Just curious where this is. Read elsewhere you buy something off Venari, but she didn’t have any related items. My rep with her is maxed. But I didnt do all her quests. Is that the issue? Im up to rule 5

Maybe its a reference to the transporter to that can go to places such as the Tremaculum and the for the world boss The Beast Warrens? That’s the only “short cut” I know of to get to the world boss faster. It doesn’t really save you from having to trudge through all the elites though. If there’s another option I must have missed it.

Wish I could be of help, but it must’ve been something you could buy off her before the patch. I didn’t do anything special, but when I went to Ve’nari’s area and clicked on the portal, I had the Desmotaeron option available.

1 Like

The option for the teleporter seems a bit buggy at the moment (no one knows exactly how you activate it, some people just have it while others dont), but if you warp to Perdition Hold, you land in front of a Chaotic Riftstone that can take you to Desmotopia or whatever it’s called. It parks you in front of the raid entrance.

1 Like

Ah so it’s bugged for me then. Wowhead also had this article:

This made me giggle and made me picture a bucolic utopia for beleaguered undead.

3 Likes

This item is working for all my alts that I have tested:

They can take the portal and be real close to the raid and world boss. The option on the teleporter is Desmotaeron.

I found it. I thought it was a flight path between the cave and Korthia. But its the network that lets you travel to the Tremacculum and such.

Or you could just simply get some gliders and learn the gilder route too World Boss and Raid area…which is very easy to do …and skip all those elite trash mobs …

1 Like

That’s kinda the point of the portal. And even easier than running past trash to get to that point on a mountain to glide to a spot.

2 Likes

It puts you near the raid entrance. So it doesn’t work so well for the world boss. Which is fine, it was meant for the raid.

Mine is apparently broken. Because I have to fly from Korthia to Ve’nari, port to Perdition Hold, then port to Desmotaeron. Why the entire network wasn’t connected as flightpaths, I’ll never know.

I have the one to Desmotaeron, but not to Perdition Hold. It just got posted somewhere, but Blizzard put out a blue post clarifying that you have to clear SoD to get the Desmoateron transporter.

To be clear, the Desmotaeron Animaflow is available to any of your characters as long as one of your characters has the Sanctum of Domination achievement.

If for some reason it’s still unavailable, you may need to log in on the character with the achievement at least once.

2 Likes

I always thought it auto opened up with 9.1.5 as it did for me but now we know its because of the achievement for the raid. It’s easy enough to get if the tanks don’t leave mid lfr or if your in a raiding guild

2 Likes

A couple of vulpera could make camp next to the summoning stone and summon people in. For a price.

Honestly, kills on that world boss should count too and being able to teleport out to it every week with one less click wouldn’t hurt. As it stands now, it seems almost pointless to have restriction considering you can still go to hold first then use a waystone and get there just a few seconds slower. It’s a needless gating.

8 Likes

With all due respect, the requirement is useless to begin with. My concern is how long will Blizzard (which I realize you may not be able to answer for directly but you can at least pass the word along) continue this trend / this pattern?

1. An announcement is made that [useful feature] is coming soon (but forget to mention really important parts like prerequisites to use said [useful feature])
  2. You implement said [useful feature].
  3. The community finds out that this feature has said prerequisites and is disappointed that nothing was said of the matter.

The announcement is made half-*** and Blizzard then wonders why people are upset.

Simultaneously you have another pattern going on as well.

1. The community speaks out and asks for a solution to an obvious issue.
  2. Eventually, after some time, Blizzard supplies the solution.
  3. While being the good guy giving the solution the community asks for, Blizzard scuffs it by doing something absolutely unnecessary / retarded such as sticking an achievement requirement to use simple utility.

====================

So there’s no misunderstanding here, I had no issue getting to the raid on any toon of mine. I was excited, presumably like everyone else, when I heard of this hotfix / change coming in to help folks out. The moment I read the news article saying “But wait! You can’t use this until you do this thing first” I also immediately thought “Why is Blizzard shooting themselves in the foot? Why do they continue to do this?”

For once it would be nice to see Blizzard implement something and it be just what it is. No strings attached, no hidden requirements until it’s live, no ridiculous shenanigans. Just pure convenience that’s straight forward and helpful to the player.

“You know what? Yeah. Here’s a teleport. It’s at this location. There you go. Enjoy. It’ll make your access to the raid easier.”

9 Likes

That would be why I don’t see the one for Desmotaeron. I only did Sylvanas on LFR to finish the story quest and didn’t do the rest of the raid. And as much as people like to say LFR is a “cakewalk”, it’s not enough of a “cakewalk” to make me wanna queue up for it more than once for story completion. There’s a host of things I’d rather do with my time than wipe in LFR… like watch paint dry, or scratch my nails across a chalkboard…

4 Likes

I’m sorry… you want me to clear a raid to get access to an area’s transportation?? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

This right here is exactly what I’m thinking, too. It reminds me of the exalted mount from Korthia. Long standing tradition of having mounts at exalted on rep vendors. BUT WAIT! Let’s put a completely ridiculous and insane achievement on it, too!

Blizz, c’mon… seriously. You’re not making this fun and engaging. You’re making it frustrating.

Just make the freaking flightpath network something we can ALL use like normal flightpaths when we discover an area and click on the flightmaster/flightpoint. How hard is this, really?

11 Likes

I believe it would have been great if the requirement was simply completing the SoD campaign and it was a flight path from Ven’ari from that portal thing that goes to Korthia. From what I can tell it’s a column thingy you need to click on to get there (anima flow whatever? Hardly paid attention to this stuff).

2 Likes