Transphobia in the WoW community

Sad, but true. :frowning:

1 Like

is this some random declaration or is there some actual context to this post?

4 Likes

doesn’t read half the topic

The people who were trashing on one of the devs in the Youtube stream today were absolutely despicable and should be absolutely ashamed of themselves.

29 Likes

I presume the OP is speaking of the stream chat. It was filled with toxicity but not even towards the game but the folks talking.

5 Likes

Wrong. It happens more in wow than ff14. Why? I wonder…

5 Likes

It was very disgusting to see all that hate. They were just explaining game mechanics… some people are just so weird.

7 Likes

No. Not wrong. Full stop. It happening more in WoW doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen at all in FF14. My statement stands. Thank you for your opinion, though! Much appreciated.

Adieu.

Edit: Work on your reading comprehension. Hooked on Phonics has a website now.

4 Likes

Wrong again. It happens more in wow because alot of people sweep it under the rug and just ignore it. In ff, people will fight u against that type of hate. Thats the truth. U can see it here. :man_shrugging:

10 Likes

So ignore it and live your life. This is never gonna change fully. They only win when you get tilted and go on these tirades…trolls win when they get under your skin. Thats all they want… acknowledging them is the worse thing to do lol

2 Likes

I mean its not suprising at all. People will mock or ridicule anyone different they dont understand. This has been a thing in humanity since always…from grade school to today. People are cruel and expecting it to ever stop is a romanticized fantasy.

3 Likes

Yeah I agree. But humans can change or atleast generations can atleast sometimes. Our society now is vastly different than how it was even a 100 years ago.

2 Likes

If you think this is bad, you ain’t seen nothing yet. You are really gonna hate humanity til your dying breathe.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out. I hid the chat window early on because it was mostly just gibberish scrolling by too fast to read.

Not as different as you think. The technology has improved but people… not really that different.

3 Likes

The only real change of people between now and 100 years ago, or even 200 years ago, is there is a lot more obesity.

2 Likes

This is a gaming community, one of the most immature, racist, homophobic, sexist and hateful communities you’ll ever find and it’s not changing anytime soon. Sad but the truth.

7 Likes

Well, and we have the Internet, too… actually those are kind of related.

1 Like

Explain your point with more references.

2 Likes

You read stream chat? Why?

9 Likes

It has but base human psychology hasnt really changed all that much.

Some things still havent changed. But societies reaction to them and not tolerating hate has gotten better.

Hopefully it will change but it will indeed be a very long long road still to go.

5 Likes