Transmog? is it possible for classic?

this reminds me of when i got the first bloodfang hood on my server and was standing on top of the bank when a bunch of rogues around me inspecting my amazing, bright red, shadowcraft hood telling me how cool it looked. This is something that makes it so you can tell the advanced players apart from the “not so advanced” players. Ah the good ole’ days.

To be fair if your roleplaying, the stats and level of the armour are attributed to its place in the world. The scarlet armour set should not magically become more powerful just because you are wearing it at 60.

I get your point though XD, just offering a different RP perspective.

For RP purposes you can keep the gear in your bag like RPers used to do before transmog.

Transmog has no place in classic and it’s one of those things that will never be in it nor does it belong there.

Huge part of classic is looking like a clown until you get your tier gear. And when you get this tier gear and stop looking like a clown, you feel good and everyone can recognize how much you played the game and what raids you’ve done or how much pvp you’ve done.

Afking in a major city while you are in full naxx gear and on an epic mount was a thing in classic for reason.
It won’t be exactly like that anymore because a lot more players will be raiding than back then, but still the notion will likely persist to an extent.

This.

Also, the people sitting in major cities pretending to be AFK but they’re really just flaunting their gear is a staple of Vanilla WoW. It’ll be a thing in Classic, too.

1 Like

the first THUNDERFURY, BLESSED BLADE OF THE WINDSEEKER will definitely have an enormous crowd around them.

Negative, in Classic you judge a players strength by the permanent PVP title hanging over their head.

Will have to do it the old fashion way.

Carry around your RP set in your bags and equip it when you’re ready to RP. Personally I always thought it was silly to walk around town or hubs in your armor, outside of combat it would seem bothersome to wear it.

Don’t want them because they were not in Vanilla. Just leave Classic as is if you start adding silly stuff from retail then its not Vanilla.

I love transmog too but there’s a very strong reason why it wasn’t in Vanilla - what you wear is an indication of your character’s power. Transmog breaks that visual contract. For that reason alone I’m happy to be able to play the game again without it.

Just wear the gear, theres a negative impact to transmog especially in classic where the items you’re wearing matters and you can look at someone and know what they have been doing.

2 Likes

Warrior transmogging everything to trash greens and blues, is actually fully decked out wielding Ashkandi. Yep, that’d be horrendous.

Gear is an indicator of who to pay special attention to in combat.

1 Like

The reason people are asking for this is because retail over all is just :poop:
What I think people would like is to have a mix of retail and vanilla. Other then that, I don’t want changes made to classic.

Classic+ was suggested by some, but that isn’t what Classic is about, so.

Of course its not. And in my opinion, I see Classic + as in something more like how OSRS is. Don’t make it more like retail but, add in new content like raids and stuff that were scrapped in the past and were intended to be in vanilla. Things like that I think would be cool to see.

U can transmog without the special feature, U know?

U pick a piece of gear and equip it! Simple as that!

3 Likes

What you look like in classic is very important for pvp.
You have some idea how dangerous a warrior will be based on what weapon they are using, and what armor they are wearing.

Pauldrons of might + arcanite reaper = Not so special (at least after the weapon speed normalization fix)

Conqueror’s Spaulders + Ashkandi = You probobly want to clench your butthole and run away.

In retail what you look like is irrelevant even if transmog wasn’t a thing due to all the welfare gear.

2 Likes

Asked before, answered by Blizzard before … No t-mog in classic. You want the look, do the grind to get the gear and wear it, just like John Hight (Executive Producer & VP) said at a Blizzcon Q&A. T-mog will NOT be in Classic, and there will be NO cross-overs from Classic to Modern or vice-versa.

Naw, this is WoW, not the beauty pageant pet and mount show.

:cocktail:

Go play dress up on retail.