Transmog? is it possible for classic?

Of course its not. And in my opinion, I see Classic + as in something more like how OSRS is. Don’t make it more like retail but, add in new content like raids and stuff that were scrapped in the past and were intended to be in vanilla. Things like that I think would be cool to see.

U can transmog without the special feature, U know?

U pick a piece of gear and equip it! Simple as that!

3 Likes

What you look like in classic is very important for pvp.
You have some idea how dangerous a warrior will be based on what weapon they are using, and what armor they are wearing.

Pauldrons of might + arcanite reaper = Not so special (at least after the weapon speed normalization fix)

Conqueror’s Spaulders + Ashkandi = You probobly want to clench your butthole and run away.

In retail what you look like is irrelevant even if transmog wasn’t a thing due to all the welfare gear.

2 Likes

Asked before, answered by Blizzard before … No t-mog in classic. You want the look, do the grind to get the gear and wear it, just like John Hight (Executive Producer & VP) said at a Blizzcon Q&A. T-mog will NOT be in Classic, and there will be NO cross-overs from Classic to Modern or vice-versa.

Naw, this is WoW, not the beauty pageant pet and mount show.

:cocktail:

Go play dress up on retail.

or stand on the IF bridge dressed up in your tier gear on your epic mount like people did in Vanila.

that is completely opposed to what you just said. It makes everyone look the same because everyone wants the BiS and will look identical to the person next to them. With Transmog they could actually have their own unique style instead of ‘best available stats’

3 Likes

Necromancy Level: 100

This right here is still relevant fact, look how shadowlands hype with new customization and be able transmog all previous expansion pieces at level 10

1 Like

This is very true

carry a “xmog bag” and make xmog gear sets with item rack. ez.

its not even up for debate. transmog does not belong in classic. or tbc. or wrath. or cataclysm. its a panda onwards change. is it all bad? no. does it belong in classic? no. why? because the gear you wear doesnt only affect how you feel about your character but how others feel about your character too. if everyone just looked however they wanted without any indication as to what gear you are wearing a huge chunk of visual identification goes out the window and the game starts to cater more to individual preferences rather than adhering to the principal of community and not individuality

1 Like

As one from an RP Server, I understand the importance of Transmog. However, at the cost of adjusting the market for said pieces will alter how non-RP Servers value those items. This is beyond trying to “look good”. The Market Value for these items is going to change, as well.

Sadly it’s more like talking to a wall about this. Most people hate it for one reason alone, “gear hiding”. Please, people inspected gear when it was a thing, to see if people had enchants and armor attachments. Heck even have consumables that hide gear except for weapons.

On a nother note, it makes it more of an RPG, makes you “unique” compared to just being a clone of every raider/ranker on the server. I’ll never get the argument of no transmogs for an MMORPG.

I understand both arguments. I’m just on the fence in not altering the Market Value of said items.

oh please, we already saw the market prices for items be way more then they should do to data for the game, don’t give me that argument of how it’ll effect the AH market when people priced items, ie edgemasters, well above the amount of gold that a sane person can obtain.

I’m going to give you that argument because it’s still relevant. We have evidence in Retail that the prices for Mog pieces were altered. This isn’t an opinion, it’s a fact.

Also, each Server Market varies. BB’s market value for Black Lotus is much cheaper, than if you were to try to purchase them on Pagle.

1 Like

This sums it up pretty well. Good job.

IMO, it’s the difference between going to a social gathering where everyone is wearing Halloween costumes so that you can’t tell anything about anyone vs. everyone having their true face and form unhidden. One social experience is very different than the other.

Humans are very visual creatures. We take cues, get and process information visually at a glance. Transmog changes the social interaction by disguising that information, and it has real effects on this very social game. It makes it different. And Classic enthusiasts don’t want different. We want Classic.

You can’t just think about it from a me, me, me perspective. But I want to change the way I look! No, MMO’s are about social interaction between everyone in the community. Changing the way you look affects other people’s visual perception of you.

1 Like