Transmog Grading Thread

Spent years building and adding onto this one only to be reduced to ‘horny Garrosh’, ouch. I see how it is.

Listen your helm is horny, your shoulders are horny and your head is horny, I cannot say more :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway excuse me someone rate Eldinus. Going for a San’layn Mage vibe but used DK to look dead.

You’ve done an excellent job making a caster look out of plate, and the color scheme of the robes/shoulders is thematic in a nicely subtle way. My only quibbles are that I feel the orange of the polearm is a bit off from the rest of the set, and I think narrower gloves would look more elegant. Great outfit!

Sorry, stuck on the dumbphone at work so can’t get the best look, but I live for the dark, simple look of that mog. Shoulders are a little weird but mail is a profoundly weird armor tier when it comes to models.

B+, only not higher because of the shoulders.

2 Likes

B+

I like this one. The dark colors and the muted blues mix well with creating a Machiavellian/potential sinister character even if they weren’t. Fitting for a warlock that has excess to great powers but isn’t outright flamboyant about it.

Only think I really didn’t like was the sword. I think a dagger would have worked a bit better or perhaps I just prefer daggers on “most” of my own spellcasters but otherwise it’s decently put together.

Nice set, but I think the tabard kind of brings it down. B-

sorry to be that guy but i dont get what your mog is supposed to be gunning for, so it looks kinda. bad. maybe if you added some shoulders or switched up the helmet choice it could look better, but it just doesn’t make a lot of sense? i dont like negatively rating things, so instead…

nice horns?

B+, I love the colors but the weapon is a little weird to me. Also no glorious helmet that looks like it would break your neck from the weight like every true warrior should have.

that weapon should be strom’kar but i guess not

skip me because im responding to nogroc

rate nogroc

The gloves seem out of place in terms of coloration, and in my opinion don’t really fit. The combination of the Dark MoP dungeon set and the WotLK raid legs is one that is criminally underrated, and I like that you used it. Otherwise, I like the general look that you’re going for.

Edit: Actually… after looking at the set for a bit its starting to really grow on me. I’m gonna up this to an A-

I’ve always loved the sets from the Trial of the Crusader, and the new model updates gives your character a sassy look, which is always a plus. The swords are a little odd in matching but I love the theme.

A.

1 Like

A+ Orc you got there. I like the asymmetrical profile given off by shoulders like that and the whole set looks really nice together.

1 Like

I definitely like your mog for sure. Not every day someone can put together a mog with the single shoulder pad and make it work.

I’d give it an A- (borderline A)

My critique’s would be, and for the record this is just my personal take and preference.

~ The belt. Its a very minor gripe of mine, but the yellow buckle is a bit distracting and it allowed me to notice the lighter blue accents next to it which seem to off set it just slightly. Again, minor gripe.

~ Weapon. I like the weapon for what it is, I just dont know if it fits the aesthetic of the outfit itself. Also the pose in which your character appears on the armory might very well not do the weapon justice and in which case, disregard this one.

Again, all and all its a super fantastic mog which I really do like.

For what it is, it’s pretty good. I like the shirtless look and think it complements everything well, captures the monk fantasy too.
7.5/10

An A+ Because I had war flashbacks…

This actually looks really well together and fits the scarlet crusade look, but what leather chest and leggings are those?

Nice piratey mog but the black boots with brown leathers are the only thing that throws it off for me personally.

6/10 only cause my eyes are drawn to the contrasting color.

It’s a little hard to make out any details because it’s so dark. I’m guessing that when it’s in motion with more dynamic lighting it’s easier to make out details. I’m going to give it a B from what I see, everything matches, doesn’t look like a full set, but with the bulk of the shoulders and…hip plates I guess…the skintight gloves and boots don’t quite do it for me.

Paladin up to bat next.
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/us/wyrmrest-accord/ekkeko

Now that’s a Zandalari Troll!. Definitely a A / 9.5. the only criticism I can think of is that weapon is more blue and the armor is more red, but I think a red glowly effect on it would balance that out. But I also don’t think it’s that big of a deal, since this character has similar issue. But I really like it.

Going into this I know Kina’s swords stand out, but they are her “itinerate blacksmith” business card. THe red/blue war paint would tie them together, but there is “spiritual” reason for the blue and white.

1 Like

Going to actually give you a A+. The swords stand out but not in a bad way, and you’ve worked in the new Tauren customization options to really pull everything together. You look exactly what a Tauren Brave at this point in the WarCraft timeline would look like.

There’s also something intimidating about the Plate Wearer going into battle effectively without a shirt.

I changed clothes. I’m fickle. And no, it’s not a set.

1 Like

Mmm I can’t grasp the theme you’re going for, but I like the shoulders, over all very blue, kinda makes me think of a Silver Covenant Ranger given your choice of pink skin pigment compared to the Velves normal blue/purple color. Add a hood and a matching cloak and I’d be scared to go toe to toe in an arena!

7/10 :slight_smile:

1 Like