[Transmog] Burden of Unrelenting Justice should offer the choice to change color or not

Addressing the elephant in room of late regarding the Burden of Unrelenting Justice, more widely known as the “warden set” that is to be awarded for the 12 months of completing the Trading Post. I don’t think it’s much of a secret anymore, and 10.2 has, mistakenly, replaced the boots of the Darkmoon Harlequin set with the boots of the warden set. I’m sure that’ll be fixed soon – the real issue is the fact that it revealed that the boots of the warden set change colour according to the time of day.

The idea isn’t bad by any means, it’s two transmog items in one with a neat feature for those who want it; the real issue is that players have no apparent control over this, and the behavior has carried over from PTR, where the item was already mistakenly replaced.

This is an entirely preemptive piece of feedback on my part, so if by the time we do get the set it isn’t the case anymore, I’ll gladly take the loss on that. But to keep this cool feature and still be an appealing reward in general, the set really should at least offer the option to change colours and simply offer the two colours as separate items. As there is only one ensemble as a reward, I don’t think the speculation that players will only have access to a color changing set is entirely unreasonable. After all, I don’t think many want their sets to only look good every 12 hours!

17 Likes

Agreed. The idea of the set changing depending on time of day is a cool one and should still be an option for those who want it, but I would also appreciate a fixed-time of day version. Currently, the set will only really be ‘useful’ if you’re wearing it in a full set, and will limit creative uses of the different armour pieces mixed and matched with other gear pieces.

11 Likes

So the set’s been officially shown, and it seems it’ll be retaining its color changing properties.

Again, please don’t diminish how good of a reward this really great looking set is by only offering the option to have it change colors.

6 Likes

Putting it here for the sake of closure! Thank you so much! :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

6 Likes