Transgender day of visibility

Joe Biden sure seems to support LGBT now that it’s socially crediting to do so. Wonder why he never stood up for them his first 4 decades in public office?

2 Likes

Clearly you are going to argue no matter what. Obvious by assuming I am trolling you.

^^^ This is what you believe. Cool go for it, that is your right.

Others have the right to believe differently, and there is no denying that.

Religious freedom gives those that choose to believe that right to do so, but… it was removed from some public places like schools for good reason. To much conflict as each would push their beliefs on others.

You are making a good argument that we the people may need to take a good look at banning more social constructs from public.

4 Likes

You’re really going to criticize him for NOT keeping his socially backward beliefs like most other old people?

I’m going to criticize him for being a phony, absolutely. It’s the same as politicians volunteering to work soup kitchens on Thanksgiving so long as there’s someone filming it for free press.

I genuinely don’t understand how we’ve come to this point. We’ve moved from recognising that a very small minority of people experience gender dysphoria (which like other dysphorias, cause them to strongly believe that they are not what they are) to complete affirmation and a demand that everyone else has to suddenly not believe in biological reality.

Bogus suicide stats, emotional blackmail and frankly horrific medical and pharmaceutical practices are not what I’d call ‘progression’. Seriously, the very few trust worthy studies into outcomes for trans patients (that haven’t been squashed) show no improvement in suicide rates or mental health for those who have had hormonal/surgical treatment. But it is pushed as a magic pill that will make all trans peoples troubles go away.

Even science has been somewhat captured. Geologists don’t pretend that the earth is only a few thousands years old just because facts upset some people. But scientists have been hounded out of professions (one Oxford professor now has to have security at all times due to death threats) if they so much as dare to talk about reality.

And the reality is this: all the surgery and hormones in the world cannot change a persons sex.

Trans women will still be unable to be medically treated as women. Unlike women, if they receive a female donors blood who have been pregnant it could kill them. They also (even after surgery) need checks for male cancers. They will retain their increased muscle twitch, larger heart and lungs, different skeletal structure etc. that make them competing against women in sports very unfair. It’s not all about testosterone.

Should trans people be able to live/love/work without fear of harm or persecution? Absolutely.

Should we be kind and respect them?
Yes.

Should we be forced to change our own beliefs, our sexuality and even our own perception of reality?
No.

10 Likes

Well said.

You think we would have leaned after many generations of religious rule how damaging a social construct and or belief can be. Regardless many seem to live better lives in modern times with a belief to follow based in science or not, till now. Trans seem to have opened a Pandora’s box that I thought was shut long ago. It’s unclear if it’s true freedom, evolution of a sort, or just another unhealthy social creation.

1 Like

Because in your eyes it’s impossible to consider that a person may genuinely change and become better.

Are you the same person you were 40 years ago?

This is objectively wrong. Using gender instead of sex is for people who are too cowardly to say sex.

2 Likes

I reserve the right to use both sex and gender in the way I choose.

I can also use there instead of their, and if people are to dumb to understand what it means in a sentence that’s on them.

If you want to believe Joe Biden is a huge supporter of gay rights after happily allowing them to suffer his entire career you’re welcome to believe it, but you’re wasting your time if you think you’re going to reply until I agree with you.

As LGBTQ people have moved to the forefront of the extreme right boogie man things, left leaning politicians have had to take more and more of a stand over time.

Once the studies showing that non straight people were born that way and scotus decided we can marry, transgendender people have become the new far right boogie man.

Before we were allowed to go to the bathroom where we wanted and it was a non-issue until fear mongers started making it.

Same with the olympics and transwomen. MtFs have been welcome to try out for the olympics but not once has one qualified. It’s never been a problem but now that the far right has latched onto the issue it’s like “reee wOmEn’S sPoRtS!!!1.”

You are objectively wrong and out of touch but if you can sleep at night knowing that you are wrong good for you.

1 Like

You technically can conflate them as being the same thing, as long as you’re comfortable with people pointing out that they are certainly not.

2 Likes

Yep, totally fine with my spanglish. Also comfortable in a public restroom made for my gender ( oops sex ).

If you want to buy into it, be my guest, but I would personally find generations of murder, torture and no-acceptance until caring about me became strategically beneficial to be highly insulting. Not to mention obviously suspicious.

I see you’re a troll as well as someone who is out of touch and wrong about everything in their life. I hope you can grow as a person someday. Byebye Felicia.

I’m sure you have faced tons of oppression. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

You attacked first, so who’s the troll?

In a past conversation I remember you talking about how kind LGBTQ+ are. Mostly I just see a lot of rampaging when someone disagrees. It’s not required that I accept any religion, so why do I have to believe in yours?

Don’t need to face oppression directly to understand it.

1 Like

You couldn’t know what I have or haven’t experienced. It is, however, amusing that you assume to.

Thank you, that’s all you had to say

You’re the troll, obviously.

That was deep, cleared that right up.

Another you disagree with us so your a troll huh? Genius, I will have to use that wisdom some day

Really need a new word for troll while on the WoW forums. As there are actual trolls in game it is odd to read it regardless if I know the meaning.