Transgender day of visibility

During her two-year MMA career, Fox had a bout against Tamikka Brents that resulted in Brents suffering a fractured orbital bone (the area around the eye socket) when knocked out, the orbital bone is part of the skull, and is a serious, though not lethal, injury. This kind of injury is not terribly uncommon in MMA competition. Although she did win another bout by a knockout, only the one with Brents resulted in a skull fracture.

A meme that has been shared on social media for a while now states that Fox broke two people’s skulls during competitions. It’s normally posted with a picture of Fox and a picture of a bloodied Kay Hansen at the end of a bout with Kal Schwartz (Schwartz is a cis gendered woman MMA fighter). The Hansen – Schwartz match was in 2018, Fox’s last bout was in 2014.

For the record, I have some reservations about trans gendered competition in sports, but I have much stronger reservations about misinformation.

As I already said when I cited a study earlier: If the mma fighting includes kickboxing, there’s a 41ish percent rate of head injuries. The rate of injuries in MMA fighting overall is high.

Anti-trans People: A trans woman mma fighter caused someone to get hurt.

Logical Person: Lots of people get hurt all the time in MMA. It’s a part of the sport. It’s a risk the participants accept with informed consent. The only reason this is a “big deal” is because it’s a transwoman being singled out.

2 Likes

Mental =/= genetic.

So what is mental? Your brain physically exists. Your synapses that fire off in specific sequences and they are all physical.

Mental is genetic. If you are born into a family with mental health issues unfortunately you are likely to inherit mental health issues.

Sounds like Brents is just the better fighter and train harder.

1 Like

“I prefer Heckler. Old school, yeah, but they were the original trolls, in this context.”
/grin

Sure as soon as we start celebrating mother’s and father’s day or even labor day in WoW.

WoW isn’t real life. Why do people insist on injecting irl politics into it?

Don’t care which side you’re affiliated with just leave it out of WoW.

2 Likes

The LGBT megathread not enough for you? Have to necro a troll thread as well?

2 Likes

“I didn’t realize how long it had been dead, until AFTER I hit reply. I do apologize.”

1 Like

Mother’s and father’s day is good tho.

I wasn’t saying that they aren’t.

bingo…10charThing

The country is going to poop…. lol I’m glad you got your day of visibility though… are you like invisible the other 364 days or something?

2 Likes

How about free barber shop for a day?

Glooming necro of deathness

2 Likes

Glad they get to feel visible for a whole day. That’s nice.

I’m kind of glad this thread got Necro’d… at the time it was made I did not know how to mute a thread or block the OP. Now I know how to do both. And I will.

Does this mean all other 364 are days of invisibility?