Transgender day of visibility

Anyway, like I said. the burden of proof is on you to back up your claims. My claims are in the scope of material, widely-acknowledged, supported reality :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ay I getcha - I mean tbh I take everything on here with a grain of salt. I mean once you find out that half the people you enjoy talking lore with are like
uber sexists, you kinda start looking at everyone skeptically.

But I also know there’s people out there who’d take some comfort in knowing that, even if there’s a troll, there’s a scrap of good out there. Or
a scrap of something.
I don’t know what I am - but the overall point is that I needed to see that, and wasn’t. So I started just going rapidfire.
And ta-da! That’s how we get to now.

It is also 3am.

2 Likes

Or normal people who don’t exist in trans exclusionist circles that eat drink and breathe anti-trans propoganda.

Here I’ll give all of’em a cursory look-up.

have a good night willow.

1 Like

Take care out there Hawkens.

2 Likes

Kiera Bell is trans. Haasci Horvath suffered GID. Ray Blanchard is known as the “father of transgenderism”. John Money has similar notoriety. David Reimar was raised as trans. Tavastock is a massive gender clinic in the UK.

These are just facts; they aren’t trans-exclusionary propaganda. If I wanted to slag off Jazz Jennings, that would be anti-trans propaganda. Believe me, I have issues with Jazz, but they’re not valid or relevant to this discussion.

I think you need help if you are leaping at trans-exclusionary bogeymen as you are.

5 Likes

sounds like a quote from an action movie

I think it was in this thread but might have been in another. A trans person recalled waiting something like 5 years to go on hrt. There’s a lot of gatekeeping.

The likelihood of something being a mistake with that long of a wait seems really really low.

It’s just as likely that someone is making the whole story up to create anti-trans propoganda.

Anything that challenges their beliefs is declared as a propaganda.

I fall ìnto this too, From my own experience
even i find it hard to challenge my own beliefs when presented with different perspective

1 Like

true, there’s bias in all of us, no matter the topic/opinion.

2 Likes

Oh for sure, it’s natural.

But I dont understand how they can be so vehemently opposed to it?

To me, it’s like denying the sun rises every day when you can physically see it.

But then again, flat earthers exist

2 Likes

Alright, TO SUMMARIZEE!

David Reimar - Oh my god okay so I know this one - and you’re - YOU’RE SERIOUSLY TRYING TO USE THIS AS AN ARGUEMENT AGAINST THE IDEA OF PEOPLE BEING TRANSGENDER?

Alright TLDR this guy was born a guy, had a botched circumcism, and ended up getting a nonconsensual sex-change because of it. The doctors behind it just kinda left him as is, asked his parents to raise him as a girl essentially as a social experiment, and then he found out a lot later that he was born a guy - and of course this bloody shook him!

This is something that the intersex community talks about a lot - hell this is more a case for their stances than anything TERF related.

The idea that you’d even try to connect this to trans women - as some sort of evidence that it’s not scientifically based is sickening.

1 Like

it’s one of those things that if you havent seen first hand or experienced all together yourself, one really can’t understand fully.

1 Like

Applause.

Understand what precisely?

Are you suggesting that the psychiatric field is entirely of no use because they don’t suffer from the disorders they help alleviate?

my bad, i’m not really following the convo. just saw the title and just posted that. you can disregard it.

Exaaaactamundo. Also judging from the literal first name the guy dropped wee’ree not gonna have anything constructive with this guy tonight, and SO!

I thank you all for your discussion - and to the TERFs in denial I wish you some measure of self-discovery at best, and
at worst I hope you wake up with a stiff neck. Maybe you sleep wrong.

I dunno. That always sets my day off wrong.
I wish you every mild inconvenience at once. That about sums it up.

1 Like

From my experience
it made me extremely uncomfortable and threatened. I just didn’t wanted to move beyond the comfort zone and change or expand my beliefs.

A part of me just liked being ignorant and stay where it is right now

2 Likes

I mean, if it makes you to feel good to mischaracterize all the points to get a feel-good faux-gotcha! I am happy for you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes