Transfers and Queues

Stop allowing incoming transfers to full servers.

Having a 2+ hour queue at 5pm server time is ridiculous. My server was full before paid transfers were even allowed. Players that have been on the server since launch are considering cancelling subs because this is just obnoxious.
It’s not going to “even out” after this quarantine is over as this started before everyone was forced to work from home anyway.

7 Likes

But please don’t stop allowing transfers or rerolls on the realm I play on, because I prefer the game the way it is.

1 Like

I don’t understand what you’re trying to say. Faerlina had it’s fair share of queues for a while too. I have a char there that I never leveled because of those queues.

The problem is allowing free or paid server transfers from one Full server to another. If you’re transferring servers, you shouldn’t be able to pick a Full one.

4 Likes

I don’t have a problem with Faerlina. I like it the way it is. That’s why I play on it. I do not want #changes.

1 Like

So you want 1000s of players to be able to flood Faerlina with paid character transfers with no cap?

I, as apparently most people prefer large population servers, even those with queue times.

I chose Faerlina, because It had 7+ hour queues at launch, and with the number of streamers, it seemed like a good choice for someone who wanted to be on a server with extremely high population for as long as possible.

There are other servers, and have been since launch, that do not have, and have never had queues. Obviously, if that was my preference, I would be on one of those.

I’m sorry that you personally are not happy with your choices, but the solution to your own problem is not to make changes that effect everybody, imo.

1 Like

fairlina has a damn 2 hour queue right now. its stupid. i dont even gt home from work until 5-6. i come home wanting to play and i have to wait 2 hours? OH and then i get in finally, then disconnect. guess what? CANT PLAY TONIGHT NOW.

1 Like

3 hour queue*

its ridiculous. i wish they had an option to server transfer out of game, because i have to wait for this obnoxious queue to even do that.

1 Like

Yeah, I don’t like the way they made transfers in Classic only available from within the app. I suppose that feature design is also why we are unable to transfer between same battlenet accounts.

Good luck.

Frosto….

I, too, like high population servers and I understand that queues will be inevitable at certain times. I am personally happy with my choice. I am not happy with Blizzard’s choices after the fact.

Queue times are not my primary problem. The problem is allowing more people to bring their characters to an already FULLY POPULATED server.

How is asking Blizzard to stop allowing incoming transfers to FULLY POPULATED servers going to have a negative impact?

1 Like

I mean, you are definitely entitled to having your own opinion and your own perspective. I don’t mean to take anything away from that by expressing mine.

We all know that once the Coronavirus quarantine passes, the highest population servers will not be as steadily busy. Efforts to stop or prevent population growth could have long-term consequences. I’d rather not participate in such an experiment, if at all possible.

One of the things I notice, being an officer in a leveling guild, is (at least on Faerlina), we have quite a number of rerolls from other realms, who are often very excited by how populated and alive our server is, compared to where they came from.

My opinion is that a large part of keeping a thriving community thriving, is continuous growth, through an influx of new members. My personal preference is to not to anything that would hinder that.

I’ve mostly kept out of the, “Incendius is too full” threads, because I don’t really care about Incendius. I don’t play there. But, any of the threads that include where I do play, explicitly or implicitly (such as this one) is one I would like to comment on to express that, at least in my perspective, most people on servers with queues, prefer them.

1 Like

I completely understand, but this started 2 months ago and has just grown exponentially with no end in sight.

They don’t even have to stop transfers to high pop servers all together then, but at least put a cap how many players they allow in a certain time frame.

I don’t want a dead server, but I also don’t want one so full that I can never log in. We’re having server instability issues now caused by all these incoming transfers. You’ll finally get logged in after that 4 hour queue, just to be randomly dc’d and put back to the beginning of the queue again.

Sure, and those all seem like very reasonable complaints. I suppose, if we were to say, something like:

"Here are some of the things I am experiencing on my server that I feel are problematic:

• it is so full that I am having issues logging in
  • it is so full that there are stability issues
  • a random DC can put you back into a queue

It would be great if there were solutions to these problems."

To me, something like that is more digestible, because it doesn’t try to assume that the only way to deal with these things you’ve identified as problematic is to prevent people from joining your server.

Perhaps, people at Blizzard, on the WoW Classic team, are hard at work right now, figuring out how to improve performance, and allow for higher population servers (as that is very clearly what the majority of players seems to be flocking towards).

In any case, I hope that the queues we are experiencing do not last forever, but at the same time, I am happy and a little proud to have started my WoW Classic adventure on one of the most popular servers, that even has long queue times. :slight_smile:

[citation needed]

our guild chat, guild discord, is nothing but absolutely rage every day about queues. trade chat is full of queue complaints. People threatening to quit regularly. I literally do not know a single person on whitemane who is EXCITED about the queue.

Most people like a healthy high pop server that is just under the type of population that would trigger a queue.

1 Like

As evidenced by their populations. Just as most people tend to prefer living in larger cities (as evidenced by their popualtions).

However, I absolutely do not need a citation for a statement that is prefaced with “in my perspective,” as this clearly is.

Sounds like a pretty lame guild. I’d quickly find a new one.

1 Like

Incendius server should of had been locked from transfers awhile back, its a train wreck now 3-4 hour queues by 4pm

1 Like

If enough of these people who threatened to quit actually did or played on a different server there wouldn’t even be a queue.

1 Like

Why do you think players are willingly transferring to a server with a 4 hour queue?

It’s a good thing everyone asked to get rid of layering right?

1 Like