Transferring Characters Between Battle.Net Accounts

I was reading the article on wowhead about things to do before the pre-patch. I saw a section discussing transferring characters between battle.net accounts. I know that a single battle.net account can have up to 8 licenses.

In the article, wowhead mentioned the following: You can still transfer characters to different accounts under the same Battle.net account and to different servers. The only feature being removed is the transfer to separate Battle.net accounts.

How do I check to see if I have different accounts under the same Battle.net? I am trying to decide if I need to transfer my characters before the pre-patch or not.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Do you have a dropdown menu above the PLAY button on the launcher?

Example here from my main Battle Net account:

3 Likes

Also, do you see any additional licenses listed under your Games section of the Account Management page?

link: https://account.battle.net/games

1 Like

This would only be necessary if you have multiple Battle.net accounts. Each battle.net account would be associated to separate emails that you used and have separate passwords.

If all your accounts are under a single email address, as in, you never change the email and password to log into different and unique accounts, then you don’t have to worry.

If all your WoW accounts are under the same login, email and password, then transferring between them will still be available, though fairly unnecessary.

9 Likes

I do have a dropdown like this. So if I have a dropdown then all mine are listed under a single battle.net account?

Correct.

6 Likes

My accounts are linked/under the same battle.net, I have mine and 2 sons. I have (too) many alts and I wish to transfer some to either one of my sons account, to help them along. I am missing something, when I go into the shop, the transfers cost money or is there another way in doing this?

The transfers do cost money, but I would personally, highly recommend starting them their own individual battle.net accounts.

With the changes today, you will no longer be able to move their characters off of your battle.net to their own. So they will need to start over fresh unfortunately and the sooner they start, the better.

4 Likes