Transferring alts from dead servers

So I payed for 3 when sulfurus died to benediction now I’m debating coming back is there gonna be any half price or free transfers before wotlk…? I have 3 68s sitting there

Not a chance. Every single change they have talked about is meant to maximize profit margins.

Posts campaigning for better practices for handling server population concerns is what these forums should be exploding with instead of a feature that wasnt even present at the launch of the original prepatch

2 Likes

What you talking a about. They should merge low pop servers till they have none under med.

Might I add when I left there was 30 70s online at max present day there’s under 10 characters online

Why should they? They’re going to get insane whale money on top of nostalgia andies who will fork over the boost/transfer/wow token gold. Either cough it up or quit, thats the decision blizzard has offered you. Cough up a bunch of money for a modified version of the game you want to play that has been specifically engineered to remove money from your wallet, or leave.

Im calling for a solution your preaching doomsday. We need to talk correction not watch it burn.

2 Likes

Whose talking? Not Blizzard. Just us bud. Can you fix the servers?

They do read worthy input they just get ambushed if they are vocal.

1 Like

They optimize everything based on how willing people are to return to the game. If they want to make a change that will increase whale profit by 10% and lose 30% of the player base they don’t care. They come out ahead AND they don’t HAVE to keep the servers up long. They can close them with minimal backlash.

As with everything it only takes one passionate employee to make a difference.

1 Like

Have you ever worked at a company THAT big? The accountants run EVERYTHING. The days of passionate devs taking a chance and striking gold are BEYOND dead. Have you been keeping an eye on the gaming industry in the past ten years?

1 Like

You sir, needs a hug.

1 Like

Something with the servers might happen before WotLK. We do not know.

Do not pay yet unless you REALLY want those alts with you.

2 Likes

100% this. It’s really sad to see discussions that would actually promote health of the game die out and get ignored meanwhile they push for LFD and use people on lowpop servers to justify it. LFD wont fix their economy, guilds and raiding scene. It just makes faceroll 5 man content easier and forces people to pay to be able to enjoy the game again.

4 Likes

They don’t actually care about lowpop servers. That’s just a pawn in their push for LFD.

3 Likes

The big picture is keeping enough players that the game is enjoyable. There is some easy solutions.

Sadly as always these threads die while hundreds of LFD thread keep going. I hope you guys get to experience Wrath properly with a good server without having to pay blizzard even more money to fix their mistakes.

Agreed and I don’t respect it at all.

There are people who have cared about the server issues in the past, or who have not talked about it but have overall been understanding, and those people are ok to argue for what they want.

Then there are the people who have been nasty when people have talked about server stuff, who have even shilled for Blizzard and made fun of others, and who have shown their lack of ethics and low-class attitude. Now they are crying about LFD, and sometimes even pretending to care about server issues because they can pawn that off. IMO they deserve every bad thing that happens to them.

1 Like

from the dev himself, also you have a free transfer if your on a lowpop server.
Go to Ironforge.pro and figure out what server you go to from the choices they give you, if you dont like the choices pay for transfer.

Why exactly would you want to abandon a realm with a massive population for your side and go back to a realm where your faction is dead?