Transfer toon to older expansion

There are no rules forcing anyone to buy anything from Blizzard. Yes, it should go without saying that, I am in favor of all posted rules being enforced.

The rules are the ToS. A support article aren’t rules for players to follow.

2 Likes

I’m also not a fan of sock puppeting and/or semantics.

“Character Transfer Information and Restrictions” is the name of the article. Restriction is defined as: an official rule that limits what you can do or that limits the amount or size of something.

Maybe you missed the last 4 words.

1 Like

I don’t mind the trolling, because it does add more to the post count, and as a result increases the odds more people will see this thread.

You’re playing semantics. Ignoring the fact that a restriction is a rule-- by definition. Just because Blizzard has failed to enforce it, does not change the fact that they posted it.

I don’t think anyone mentioned anything about this.

You do not gain EXP and are able to queue with people that are gaining EXP.

• Players with experience gains turned off who compete in Battlegrounds will face off only against other players with experience gains turned off.

You have found a way to circumvent this.
I guess your argument is that you never spoke to an NPC and turned exp off, right?

Actually, it seems you are.

1 Like

When you try to argue rules and restrictions aren’t the same thing, I don’t mind pointing you toward a dictionary to demonstrate you are wrong by definition of the word.

Firstly, it isn’t a matter of “my” argument. This is a bug report forum. There shouldn’t even be an argument when someone points out that things are not working as Blizzard indicates they should. (link = Classic Guidelines, but I imagine they are the same here too)

Secondly, min-maxing within the rules of the game, is just that… There is no loop-hole there, there is no circumventing anything, and its the exact same concept as when I was a CE raider at end-game. By contrast, paying to win– especially when Blizzard indicates you shouldn’t be able to– violates that entire principle.

Well, good luck with your quest. Hopefully they fix the ‘exploit’ that gives others an advantage over you and ignore the one that gives you an advantage over others.

But based on

it seems like this has been going for a long time and they probably have bigger fish to fry than a few unhappy twinks.

3 Likes

Thanks for the well wishes, and hopefully you helped to bring some attention to the issue. Sleep well, Myanee. :smiley:

1 Like

the link at the end of the bfa article to hacks at blizz is probably the most direct way of contacting someone who can make a difference. in game report feature is a joke unless they say bad words.