Shadowlands Covenants on BFA locked Accounts

Hello, Happy Holidays.
I would like some official response regarding Shadowlands Covenant abilities etc being transfered from Shadowlands Accounts to BFA Accounts.
Noticed many players within the 50 BFA locked PVP settings with these awesome attributes added into BFA accounts.
Is this fine to take part in at this point in the expansion?
I do not want to be left out if so, would like some official answers please.
Transfer with these Covenant stuff on 50s to BFA account? Yes or No.
Thank you.

What has been said in the past should still apply u cant transfer down expansions both accounts have to be fully upgraded u can transfer from BFA to shadowlands but not down.

(post deleted by author)

As Darthwraith mentioned, it should not be possible to do as you describe.

Per the Support article:

• You cannot transfer a character from an account with the latest expansion to an account without the expansion

Could the players you are encountering just have their XP disabled so as not to level past 50?

2 Likes

This is correct, or this is the expected functional restriction of the character transfer service. If you are able to circumvent this restriction, then that would be a bug in the character transfer service.

Making use of that bug to gain an unfair advantage over others would likely qualify as bug abuse.

10 Likes

Lets say its hypotheticly possible to transfer down alot of thoe convenat abilities would cause alot of issues since those are acquiered at higher lvls and BFA is locked at 50 to even use those at a lvl below what was intended would be game breaking.

You can also party sync to join BGs with your friends that are lower level. Could that be what you are seeing?

3 Likes

Thats what i was thinking that would make the most sense.

Going to close this discussion before it goes any further. We don’t want to share details on the forums that would potentially allow for a bug to be exploited.

If you have information about a potential exploit, please send the details to Hacks@Blizzard.com for the game team to review.

Thank you!

9 Likes