Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

I assume it’s just a technical limitation at this point, server transfer are probably just an on/off switch. But it does really suck, and tons of people are in the same boat.

Just hoping for any indication that it will be changed, or if we’re just stuck and it is what it is. Sitting in limbo is even worse with no communication as to how things will be handled.

5 Likes

It really sucks that my group of about 10 friends are going to be split up. 5 of us already had characters on Grobbulus. 2 made characters in time on Grobbulus. So 3 of our friends are just blocked out of Grobbulus with absolutely no expectation or understanding of when/if the server will be unlocked. We basically have to assume it wont be unlocked.

Some of us played through TBC, one is the GM of our guild. So transferring really isn’t an option, the 3 friends without chars on Grobb are just SOL.

Am I wrong or do other games like FF have intermittent locking? Queues are drastically down. Can’t blizzard allow for new chars for 12-24 hours? Lock it again and reassess?

7 Likes

Any update when Benediction will open back up? My fiancé and I have characters we did not transfer in time before the lock. Now we have most of our geared 70s (with our gold) stuck on a server that we do not plan to play on while we have our boosted characters fending for themselves on Bene.

It sounds like this has happened to a lot of people. Probably because there was not any notice on these servers being closed and locked? Not the best PR move. You have tons of friends that cannot play together. You have situations like the one described above. Find a better solution Blizzard. Even with your numbers dropping, you still make TONS of money. We all know that Classic is keeping WoW afloat. You should be in meetings 24/7 trying to figure out a better solution then what currently is implemented.

Thank you for listening!

7 Likes

Yo it’s milfASS here. I have 2 of my main chars on locked server, but now my guild wants me to switch to my 3rd character on a different server. Unfortunately I can’t xfer my character in to the locked realm. Seems like there’s tons of people on here advocating the same thing so why are we not getting any response or our fell wishes granted? Almost a week left until launch and i’d really like clarification of what is going on ASAP so I and my 30+ man guild can understand what is going on too. Thanks.

5 Likes

is it possible to get an ETA when server transfers to the locked servers will become available again? I have most my characters on Grobbulus but i can’t get the character im planning on maining onto the server. so im kind of in limbo. getting an ETA would be great for future planning. thx.

6 Likes

Boosts aren’t available on fresh servers. Skyfury and Angerforge are both Fresh Wrath servers.

Sulfuras still locked without warning. Can we get an ETA if these realms will open to character creation before release next week?

3 Likes

So we recruited 3 more guys to the guild through IRL contacts. But they can’t play on Bene. I want to transfer my 3rd alt there as well.

Can you pls unlock Bene? Thanks

5 Likes

As soon as transfers to Angerforge from Skyfury were announced, a huge chunk of the Angerforge rerollers returned to their servers immediately, feeling betrayed by Blizzard’s lies about “no transfers in or out for 90 days.” There was no longer any motivation to level on that server because it was on the same day of progression as Skyfury at that point. Blizzard is going to see this and say, “No one wanted another fresh,” when that wasn’t the case at all. So I guess that was the last fresh we will get, a server that they killed themselves due to their horrible lack of foresight on this matter.

1 Like

This was not about the fresh servers, thanks, I edited my post to be more clear.

Hi : iv returned to play classic 10 days ago in “AZURE SONG” while not at home leveling… Was on the forums reading, and I can’t understand why the comunity is always complaining about everything…
U need to understand… If a realm is full/high queue/impossible u get free xfer to another realm (and here’s my point)

Ppl complain about the destiny realm being “dead” and wont xfer because “everyone who goes there will regret, course #deadrealm… I mean really?.. IFALL OF THOSE complaining about FULL/QUEUED REALM take that free xfer, destiny server will NOT be dead… It will reborn with” half/full pop server " amount of players…

Is that hard to understand?
Full realm…" Dead" realm
4k… 200
-2k…+2k
=2k…=2.2k

There u have 2 well populated realm created BY THE COMUNITY… Just need to organize and move full guilds/groupsoffriends, etc on bulk and A the destiny server won’t be dead…

That’s the solution… COMUNITY… Make posts “I’m. Moving to (destiny) realm, come with me and all of us together will make a cool population server” (example)… Be proactive, make the change, don’t sit and wait a magic free xfer to a cool pop server WON’T HAPPEN… Everything takes time.

I stayed at Azure song (while almost dead at start) it was 400 players 10 days ago and now is at 1300 pop without any migration wave… I just knew it… If the server is full and WOTLK isn’t even live is obvious that when the date of launch approaches the more players are coming to the game and it will be super full and unplayable… So I stayed on that one and just waited with my statement “like I came back here, many more could and will or even new players too”

Just stop complaining and take action, you are wasting time without making any change… Transfer with your guild or make use of the forums to create a migrating wave all together…

Please unlock Whitemane man. It’s idiotic I can’t transfer my main from grobbulus which has absolutely insane queues, to a server that literally hasn’t had a queue this entire time. I already have toons on Whitemane, so I guess I’ll just waste my boost on a 2nd Druid because you guys won’t allow transfers for people who already have characters on those servers.

8 Likes

It seems extremely unreasonable and unrealistic to put the onus onto the players to organize mass exoduses from their own servers due to a problem Blizzard created themselves. It would essentially be a gamble for guilds to move onto servers that are currently ghost-towns, as nobody wants to play on a dead server, and no one wants to be stranded on one. I’d take the queue any day of the week over that.

4 Likes

So you can’t transfer a toon to pagle but you can make as many new toons as you want. I tried to transfer my pally to pagle couldn’t do it. But my son who has never played on pagle and has no toons on pagle was able to create a couple of toons there. So, the point of the character transfer block was to prevent overcrowding. If people can still make new toons on the server doesn’t that kinda defeat the purpose of blocking character transfers? Some of the things blizzard does just makes no sense at all.

6 Likes

either y’all let me transfer my 70 priest from Grob to Faerlina (my main realm) or give me a huge chunk of gold (equal to what i’m missing on that priest).

hell i’d take a free character boost as well atleast that way i can farm dailies… right now you’re screwing me over for no good reason and it’s ENTIRELY your fault. (as i’m willing to pay to xfer)

3 Likes

This game was supposed to be about having fun and lately it’s depressing to see all this happen to folks that want that vanilla experience for the first or 2nd time and this is the crap they get.

To be fair it’s also people wanting to play horde only as if that’s the only faction this game has.

If you want to pvp you do need some alliance players to pvp with, if alliance see there’s not enough they won’t bother with pvp since it’s not worth it against overwhelming odds on a PVP server.

I played both factions in vanilla and still in retail wow, I don’t remember it getting this out of hand. I play on Markrik and this server sucks due to the unbalance faction of the lack of alliance players makes it hard to find groups to do much of anything since there’s slim picking.

At this point I would pay to transfer to a fresh start pve server if I could pick the server I want not this free BS transfer to one I don’t want.

1 Like

i’ve been Horde since OG BC

you’re a real tool if you put us original players down because ALLIANCE players chose to switch factions.

you’re blaming the wrong side my guy, it’s the people on your faction that caused the issues.

First of all, thank you Kaivax!
May I ask if we can get Eranikus realm opened for new people too? We had been growing steady until a couple days ago. Opening it will let more people come and queue refugees would transfer too. Also friend groups and guilds can reunite once again :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Tried to server transfer my lvl 62 horde shaman from Sulfuras to horde Whitemane where my other horde toons are at. Sulfuras is a locked server and i just want to move to a full pop server with my friends. Any help would be appreciated! I have a 70 and 64 on Whitemane. Tried to pay for it and it gave me an error saying the server is locked but how Whitemane says Full pop.

Bumping this sentiment! Hoping that Eranikus unlocks so my guild can be re-united.

4 Likes