Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

This. This. and This.

5 Likes

How about unlocking the realms we already have characters on!?

4 Likes

RIP Skyfury Horde.

3 Likes

Blizz pleaseā€¦why

1 Like

This is actually a great point.

So are concerns about faction balance.

If fresh ends up failing in 6 months things when the tourist types have left like this can be pointed back to. :frowning: Iā€™ve always wanted fresh to succeed ā€œlong termā€.

2 Likes

This was a huge mistakeā€¦ Horde on Skyfury will be nonexistent now, as Iā€™m sure a large majority will look to escape from the large Alliance population/presence that these big-time streamers have created.

1 Like

How about only letting Alliance transfer off? since they are the majority faction. I would rather not see a mass exodus of my Horde brethren

1 Like

Same. We always knew that in terms of economy, levels, professions, et al, that Fresh realms would catch up to all the others.

Not having transfers for the first 90 days, and potentially not at all, if realm population was healthy was literally the main appeal when looking long-term. This is why I feel like my choice to play on a fresh start realm has been completely invalidated. I was already disappointed when they added Angerforge, especially after having just noted what sort of impact itā€™s likely to haveā€¦ but server transfers? I probably shouldnā€™t be, but Iā€™m actually surprised they would do such a thing.

2 Likes

but what about my imaginary community that would ninja loot linen cloth if you gave them the chance

I got a pretty good feeling they are closing monitoring the faction split and will adjust the free xfers as needed

Angerforge IS the new server. A 3rd server wonā€™t work for longevity. This sucks for those who rerolled or rolled late, sureā€¦ but all this will realistically do is have some 70s on your server 3 or 4 days earlier than it was going to be.

If anything, the transfers should have been open to angerforge when the server was first put up.

1 Like

Yes! Thank you! Angerforge mad lads letā€™s go

1 Like

Based on what Blizz has done the last two weeks, I highly doubt it.

4 Likes

RIP fresh I guess. It was good whole it lasted. This is absolutely gonna kill the servers.

9 Likes

What a slap in the face to everyone who trusted Blizzard and rerolled on Angerforge. You truly hate us, do not care about your players and will not stick to your word. Everything you say is a lie and changes the next day. I truly hate this company. It feels intentional.

16 Likes

That would be amazing if true. You know how we could make sure that is happening? They could SAY that in their post instead of just saying they are opening transfers. 10 minutes after this post my GM has a poll up to see if the guild should transfer off the realm. Iā€™m not following them it was just annoying that it was asked.

So you say no transfers for 90 days then open them up in 3 days? You completely ruined the fresh server Angerforge nowā€¦ We had a good split population.

15 Likes

The people at Blizz are just so dumb. Who makes these decisions?

Fresh means fresh. . . Pathetic decision.

People rolled on Angerforge because they didnā€™t want queues AND they wanted a FRESH start from people who already had two weeks head startā€¦

11 Likes

Blizzard should of stuck tot here guns. The queā€™s were starting to get less crazy on skyfury. It was going to start Adv 7k instead of the 13k on weekdays, and start to lower from there. Now this puts both servers at risk, sucks to Skyfury is pretty fun. I donā€™t know why blizzard would lock a Fresh realm, and or had no hope for Fresh. Even in there Community Council meeting they say the ques are worse on other servers. (Iā€™ve yet to see a 15k on anything but once on Grob?)

While itā€™s true Fresh will suffer loses on WOTLK release itā€™s better to have a full server (But again why lock it? I know people who still want to make toons here, people who havenā€™t touched wow in over 6-10 years.) Itā€™s fair to say that it would have been okay with WOTLK launch even with the drop off. Now Blizzard putā€™s the server at Risk, and only time can tell.

Locked servers are rough new blood is needed for the horde to survive due to Ally streamers who all dislike Fresh and said it would fail / Didnā€™t want it, now theyā€™re here and messing up Faction balance, and horde can not make new toons.

3 Likes

You literally promised us a fresh realm experience for a minimum of 90days, wrath hasnā€™t even launched and youā€™ve already broken that promise. This is literally the worst possible thing you could do, you opened a specific type of realm to appeal to a certain demographic within your player base and then destroyed it within 3 weeks. Congratulations youā€™re officially the best gaming company at destroying yourself. Unbelievable ignorant.

11 Likes

Came back thinking i would toy around before the release. I found this ā€œfreshā€ server and thought that would be would be fun, and now just taking transfers from another serverā€¦ thanks ruined the moment. It is like going out to eat and getting a maggot placed center plate.

4 Likes