Transfer Restrictions and Free Character Transfers Now Available -- Updated Nov. 22

At this point I cannot help but feel like the lack of competence is entirely in bad faith. There is no way you guys would actually sit around in a meeting and conclude that this is the right solution to the now inexistant problem (there was almost no queues on fresh last night).

8 Likes

I was going to start this weekend on a fresh server ONLY because I would still feel like it was an even playing field. Clearly that isn’t the case now so there is no way I am going to move forward. Man oh man. Where was this overwhelming feedback? No idea why they would do this. So frustrating.

3 Likes

Perfectly said. I am not sure who is making these decisions and what the strategy is. Baffling.

1 Like

Wha…?

The overwhelming feedback is in the other direction… the transfers are opening up now that the queue times have fallen to <1.5 hours?!
a huge number of people will be leaving fresh to go back soon anyway.

Please explain the feedback you’re receiving. Because if it’s just “I read forum posts”, that’s NOT the data to act on.

2 Likes

WE DEMAND transfers to the serves our other characters are already on! Who the hell cares about these fresh start transfers, give us the ability to keep all our sh*t together.

3 Likes

That’s fair enough

yall acting like anger isnt gonna be in the exact state as skyfury within 4 days is delusional

e/ without xfers from the other fresh realm

I’ll add one point here. The crazy rollercoaster is giving us whiplash. Nobody can have any confidence on what server to play on because Blizz is just all over the place… it’s craziness like this that makes people want to flock to big servers (stability)

I was confident in my choice to play fresh on Sky – even (especially?) with the big queue times. Now I’m worried about faction split/population and having a big part of what I enjoy ruined.

did they just dust off the old sh*t they used back in 2007 for these classic servers? Did they not invest into sharding to combine these servers to fix these server load issues? Do they only have the IT interns left over there?

Not a solution.

You just took the whole concept of “fresh & centralized ecosystem” and turned it upside down.

Angerforge will have to deal with people transferring over with acquired wealth and progress from Skyfury, botching anyones expectation it was going to be it’s own ecosystem.

Skyfury will now potentially have faction imbalance and reduced overall server population come release. Why would a fresh realm benefit from having a reduced population?

If queue times & inability to play the game are your concern, enable sharding.

3 Likes

PLS!!!Take care Whitemana!!!We need huge alliances!!!

2 Likes

WE DEMAND transfers to the serves our other characters are already on! Who the hell cares about these fresh start transfers, give us the ability to keep all our sh*t together.

Can we please get a blue response on this, it’s been asked a lot, and would help keep communities, guilds, and family together.

3 Likes

Blizzard is almost as incompetent as the federal government.

5 Likes

It’s the only solution. Skyfury queues are still way too high. They went down slightly since Angerforge opened but not much.

Barely.

A two week head start in content that will be obsolete in 10 days. If anything, the influx of resources will help An Anger catch up and be ready for the real launch.

Anger already has many level 70s btw.

We don’t know that yet. As they said they’ll be watching closely and cut it off if that starts to happen

There’s plenty of alliance that want to transfer too, myself included.

1 Like

Angerforge Alliance last night pre-transfers had 1 level 70 - with 32 players in the 45-70 bracket

Angerforge Horde last night pre-transfers had 0 level 70s - with 12 players in the 45-70 bracket

I’ve gone through 10 diapers playing on Skyfury for the last 2 weeks. I can transfer to Angerforge, buy the entire market, and abuse it eternally if I cared to. Gold is far from obsolete content in WOTLK.

2 Likes

I don’t know what you mean by diaper, but okay go ahead and corner that market if you want.

We’re talking two weeks here. Two weeks, that’s it. It makes a difference sure, but over the long term, not really. Angerforge is basically just skipping from week one to week three.

And the vast majority of them are Skyfury players who don’t want to sit in queue anyway.

You’re not the only one that’s going to be challenging the diaper market sir.

Exactly, if people don’t want queues, they can play somewhere else and that’s what the transfer will do oO

Laughs in Bloodsail Bucaneers.

Ha. Yeah, that’s not all the transfer will do though, and that’s the issue. Transfers have had deleterious effects on servers for as long as we have had transfers.

It would be nice to have a server that is free from transfers.

1 Like

Wow, thanks Blizzard. I was having fun progressing on a fresh server that was implied to not have transfers, and then you baited and switched all of us who started anew here from scratch into a situation where 70s in full Brutal gear can come in and wreak havoc on the AH, as well as a bunch of bored Horde can just sit around and camp us lowbies in said Brutal gear. Super fun. Super awesome. Totally organic fresh experience.

4 Likes