Transfer from Classic to current (I know I’m not alone here!)

:+1:
(10 characters)

Wouldn’t work without MASSIVE reworking of the TBC code to take Hellfire Peninsula mobs down to lvls 1 - 10, Zangarmarsh 11 - 20, etc. Can’t have a new lvl 1 toon fighting lvl 58, 59, and 60 mobs from the git-go. Or they would have to somehow merge Classic and TBC into one game, and that’s the road that led us to the current configuration of the game. Plus, if they merged them, you’d have to do the Classic content all over again to level up to the point you could do Hellfire Peninsula.

And people said the same thing about classic, now don’t you feel like a hypocrite diving into the ‘‘wall of no’’ camp? you should.

1 Like

I want fresh every time no character transfers.

1 Like

Bro… You’re thinking way into this. I mean fresh toons from 1-70 LMFAO like elwyn and barrens again :rofl::rofl: what you just said would be stupid. You’d spend 1 month played in 5 zones lol.

Ultimately it does not matter. The reality is that this will not happen as stated by Ythisens in a seperate thread. As I mentioned before, this topic has already been brought up and has been discussed. The answer is clear that this will not happen.

“Despise” is a pretty harsh word for someone who actually HAS some of their armor transmogged :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

I’m shocked the OP used an alt character with 0 posts to make this troll thread.

It was YOUR idea; I was responding to YOUR post.

I dont think the system should exsist. I think it makes the devs look to Groupings of armor like we have in BFA since they just expect people to Transmog the gear to what they want to wear. Even the clown suits in TBC were intersting compared to the collection meta that has come about with transmog. To that end i do despise the system, however, since im not going to get it changed and its not going to go away i used it to my advantage to change the gear i have to something better.

Call my a hypocrite but im not into fighting the machine for a change they arent going to make

OP is a troll, don’t feed him, down vote and move on. The question was raised and vehemently shot down.

This will not be happening.

TBC was not limited to Outlands.

TBC included all of the vanilla world also.

Context … context. The conversation was about moving a Classic character to TBC, meaning Classic and TBC servers would be stand-alone servers, not connected except by a character transfer service, paid or unpaid. The idea was proposed to have a character start at lvl 1, and that won’t work on a stand-alone server without a massive re-write of the code to either adjust TBC mobs to allow a noob character to stand a chance against them, or bring Classic code into the TBC code, which would kill Classic since no one would want to repeat the same content back-to-back having just done it in Classic.

You’re just retarded if you think burning crusade servers are a good idea. Burning crusade introduced the features people hate most about WoW.

As I said, TBC United the vanilla world as well as Outkands.

Or, would you rather have TBC without the parts that existed in Azeroth, such as Karazan, the Blood Elf areas, ZA, the Draenei areas, etc.

Classic to whatever comes after it, if there is anything I think is basically a settled fact that you will be able to. Classic+ or Classic TBC for example.

Classic to retail, almost definitely not. Blizzard has a long history (in my opinion) of emphatically saying no, only to recant later and allow things they swore would never happen. So… possibly?

My question is why would you want to?

Being blunt, the amount of work to get all that cool stuff from the game (Classic) that was removed is going to be withering. There might be 5 players that get it all in total.

Blizzard will NEVER make TBC servers
THE WALL OF NO - REVISED FOR CLASSIC PURISTS.

Those areas would still be in Classic, as would your original toon that you were allowed to copy/paste from Classic into Classic:TBC. You just wouldn’t be able to run them with a lvl 70 character instead of a lvl 60 character. That’s if both were stand-alone servers, which would be my preference.

If you merge them, and the developers were somehow able to rewrite the code to do that without screwing up both for the next three years, they’d still be available. And you could “superhero” all the Classic raids with your lvl 70 character. I just don’t see the developers being able to merge them without rendering the completed project totally unplayable.