Trans Character Customization

In light of recent advances made in the trans community such as President Biden announcing a Transgender Visibility Day and his appointment of the very beautiful trans woman Dr Levine (who is 100% a real woman btw) Blizzard should allow custom character options to represent players in the middle of their transition.

For example the male characters could have the option of wearing lipstick and having breast or female characters could have the option of having facial hair. This would be very progressive and set the mmo standard for trans progress.

Given the rise of recent transphobia these characters may face discrimination in groups and given the toxic nature of the group vote kick ability they should not be able to get vote kicked from groups atleast for the time being either. This will ensure a less toxic community and cut down on jokes like the one I seen in barrens chat such as “my grandma said the only place for a trans is under a car”

57 Likes

There should be more customization. One of the feedbacks I’ve left is to allow our male toons to have the female voice lines. Customization is endless and I support it 100%.

25 Likes

I agree 100%. It would be so progressive of blizzard to allow such an option

4 Likes

Clearly there are those on the forums who will flag post for anything lgbt related. You’ve done nothing wrong OP. Many other games have similar customization options. blizzard has proven that it’s possible. They just need to add it in. :rainbow_flag: :+1:

2 Likes

give me female voice lines or give me death

7 Likes

Sincerely hope the people liking this OP are troll alts. Reading this post reeks of sarcasm IMO and is not helpful at all. Again hope it’s alts, because I know people read titles of threads and that’s it.

15 Likes

As…interesting as this would be to see in game, the biggest issue is the creation process.

They would literally need to change every model to enable that feature, all in the off chance that a subset of the game’s population want to be both male and female expressive at the same time.

Ask, there’s no harm in it, however there’s no saying how much effort would have to go into it, and I don’t believe Blizzard is willing to invest that kind of money.

Voice lines would be fine. There’s actually already a male human NPC in Stormsong Valley who has the female dialogue.

4 Likes

I agree with you that there’s no harm in doing anything that would add more customization to our characters. I’m sure it would be easy enough to just reuse assets from male/female models. I know it’s possible but it’s up to Blizzard to be serious about it and make it a reality. Customization is a core selling point of shadowlands.

21 Likes

They should have more voice choices for your character in general, that way you can customize your character a little more than the one generic voice.

Some lines people have been hearing for 15+ years at this point.

Voice would be the only trans customization I can see… they could add make up choices but that doesn’t really = trans.

3 Likes

So changing the color of a male character’s lips is gonna tick some box for you? How bout eyelashes or nail polish or some other small and irrelevant change that hardly anyone else but the toon’s owner will notice?

There’s many players asking for more customization options… but this is just ridiculous.

3 Likes

Sure. Only if they add Pikachu voice lines as well. Other than that, nope.

2 Likes

Another one of those posts…
You can role play whatever you want already. You can make a male character and call it Cindy or a female one and call it Orlando or whatever.

Keep your agenda outside the game please!

13 Likes

I’m so sick and tired of you attention seekers

24 Likes

it doesn’t need to be trans-centric. They should just let us do whatever TF we want to our characters! With no FN cooldowns.

1 Like

You did point it out, though, so telling us about how you were gonna is redundant.

4 Likes

The more you attempt to put someone else down (which is a poor attempt, mind you), the more guilty you become.

I am a proud father of three. My eldest just turned 18 and the account was turned over officially to her as a birthday present, while I have begun my own new one. Something I am sure you do not understand. But please enjoy thinking I am the problem here. :wink:

5 Likes

The only thing sadder than your constant trolling is that now you feel that you need to hop on alts to inflate your faux opinion. Pathetic.

21 Likes

This is ridiculous.

Trans does not mean “woman with a beard” or “man with breasts.”

Every trans person I’ve seen, pre or post op, has looked like a normal person. And with that in mind, the barber seems to be capable of swapping our genders so . . . I guess that’s covered.

17 Likes

Chromosomes disagree

11 Likes

Are you saying Dr Levine is not a real woman?