Traditional Flying Coming to the Dragon Isles in Guardians of the Dream

So, by that reasoning, everyone should always be happy with whatever Blizzard does because we should achieve a state of satisfaction in relation to their design choices?

Right. Never happening. Or perhaps it will, about the same time everyone votes for one party in an election.

11 Likes

The older I get, the more I utilize ignore features, IRL and online. It’s just not worth it to continue to talk to some people in their current mindset.

Besides being logically fallacious (speculation/slippery slope) it’s insulting. There’s really no reason to continue to engage.

2 Likes

Yes I have to agree.

Thank you all for providing feedback. Feedback always matters.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

I doubt that. You’ve 10 years of this but you expect us to believe this patch is te breaking point…

It’s amazing how small something can be that finally pushes us past the point of no return.

3 Likes

i’ve had ten years of what? ten years of enjoying the game before dragon riding was released?

if you mean ten years of pathfinder, i expressly stated that i never bought an expansion again until after flying was released.

didnt play wod at all.

didn’t play legion until broken shore and flying was released.

didnt play bfa at all

didnt play shadowlands until 9.2

9 Likes

Traditional flying is allowed in both emerald dream and zaralek caverns

I can confirm on the PTR

7 Likes

Thankfully you’re not the one who gets to decide that. or really anything for that matter. Just because you don’t like doesn’t mean you get to change the meaning.

TIl Dragonriding isn’t gameplay and is merely a figment of our imagination.

Yes how dare they gives us checks notes fast dynamic flying from day one.

Oh really? How else are you getting are the MASSIVE island with the DRAGONS?

We’ve had flying.

It’s in that dungeon regardless of being M+, and it has FPs to use or better yet, the Whelp ride along system that’s been in since day one.

How dare they try out something new.

Well you’re half right, lost points for the malice. They’ve explicitly stated from the get go in not allowing old flying from the beginning was to encourage people to try out Dragonriding more, easier to collect data, kind of a no brainer move there.

And seeing as how they’re spending the resources to start updating 100s of older mounts to use DR I can kinda say safely yeah, Blizz and the community at large consider it great.

And this is where you go off into dreamland assuming everyone agrees with and that you’re right with nothing to back it up.

I legit have no reason to ever use old flying if I can avoid it, I can’t wait till we can use DR in older content.

And their answer is Pathfinder.

Why is old flying the entirety of the game to you but DR is “not central” to the gameplay?

More boring and obnoxious than hitting autorun and afking 5 mins to get where you were wanting to go?

30 seconds vs 5 minutes? Why do you wanna spend all your time not playing the game?

I don’t really believe you fresh DK Classic alt

And despite what you tell yourself over and over and over, a lot of do do actually like DR and being able ot move around fast.

… Activision merger was in TBC.

DR does the literal exact opposite of that so I honestly don’t know what you’re talking about, you’re the one championing for people’s time to be wasted with the crusade against the faster flying option.

Again, DR is fun for a lot of people, not only in the flying itself, but also since it’s a lot faster I get to the other content faster and can do it more. Instead of it taking minutes and me just afking it takes me a minute or less to manuever where I need to go most of the time.

And you’re holding DR accountable for the entirety of that?

Just because you make something up doesn’t make it true, you’re not that special.

covenants didn’t let me fly around the areas super fast from day one, they were abilities and storyline lockouts.

Sure try something new without removing the current method of transportation that people already enjoyed.

9 Likes

They didn’t.

DR didn’t cause old flaying not to be available day one. It didn’t make Pathfinder. Those restrictions have been in the game for 10 years.

DR wasn’t in Shadowlands.
DR wasn’t in Battle for Azeroth.
DR wasn’t in Legion.
DR wasn’t in Warlords of Draenor.

Why don’t you just remove the entire thing. I hate that campaign more than I hate getting rep.

Why is there always some people get to skip what they hate and other people don’t in this game. I like world content but I hate dungeons and raids but since you removed titanforging there is no way to get high quality gear when just doing world content.

The ongoing storyline of the current expansion is a pretty big thing to skip, as opposed to arbitrary ranking within factions.

so what - if I hate it why should I be forced to do it. Leave it for the people who like that boring stuff.

Okay instead of completing the storylines of the expansion you have to get AOTC.

Not liking Pathfinder is one thing, but treating the storyline for the current expansion like it’s inconsequential compared to something like faction rep or Honor levels or doing a certain number of WQs is rather silly.

You not liking it doesn’t make it lesser/harder content in comparison to other types of content in the game.

1 Like

They aren’t substituting anything for the rep - why are you arguing against this? The storyline is inconsequential for me. I literally do it and have no idea what the story is anyway because I refuse to pay attention to that nonsense.

If you offered me a million dollars to tell what the story of this expansion is without looking it up I would not be able to say.

YOU’RE arguing to substitue the storyline for the rep

no I am not - I am saying removing all the requirements.

Then you should have stuck with that rather than complain about them not removing the storyline.

I provided a reason why they should remove the entire thing.

You got lost in the weeds