Traditional Flying Coming to the Dragon Isles in Guardians of the Dream

Ya listened. :clap:

Just doesnt make sense this expansion since dragon riding is I AM SPEED mode. no reason to keep granny scooter mode locked behind a grind

1 Like

idk about you, but i was flying day one.

1 Like

Cool. Now I have to summon all the slow people using regular flying.

You were only allowed to fly in old zones, so if you mean you were flying in the shadowlands on dragonflight launch, then yeah.

you didnt read my post, thats great.

You feel that way but TBC flying, achievement system and transmog has been the best additions to the game to bring extended replay value.

That is why players are asking for player housing.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

You said that we were able to fly on day one dragonflight launch, which would only be correct if you were using your flying mount in eastern kingdoms, broken isles, Draenor, Pandaria, kalimdor, deepholm, shadowlands, or zereth mortis.

Flying wasn’t allowed in any other zone on day one of dragonflight launch.

ah, so youre just purposely being obtuse, gotcha.

Best decision ever made. Thank you Kaivax

2 Likes

Feedback matters.

That is why I always tell people.

Never guaranteed but it is worth providing always!

5 Likes

I mean… 6 of the 8 dungeons aren’t even in DF zones so still gunna have to summons

3 Likes

I’m like 20 renown in all of them. But I knew it upset people, especially those who don’t like dragon flying.

And this is someone who did legion pathfinder twice on separate accounts.

Of course back then I played probably three times of what I play now. Being able to fly over Suramar and never see that place again was fantastic.

Alternatively, they could have simply just made it like getting renowned with the covenants was super easy. 200% renowned bonus, or some thing. Cut the overall requirement down by a quarter. Go through the motions, but not actually grind it out over a long period of time.

And I remember the old discussions. I earned it because I was there, grinding it out the old fashion way. Yeah, I think blizzard is starting to see a pattern where a lot of people play at the start of an expansion, and then play at the end of the expansion.

:dragon: :ocean: :dragon: :ocean:

What! After grinding my butt off to get the damned Niffen rep to 15, which I did finally yesterday, you tell me this now!

I may need to find some tasty furniture to chew on…

(PS: I’m happy for everyone who didn’t manage to do this requirement yet, of course.)

3 Likes

You know, now that you mention it, you are right!

Dragon riding is so awesomely zooming fast. I just went so fast every time I used my amazing fun fast dragon riding mount.

I really just skipped across most of the content in dragon isles because my zooming dragon riding mount was going so fast!

I would have enjoyed the first 11 months of dragonflight so much better if dragon riding was time gated behind pathfinder instead.

Why time gate old, slow turtle sky swimming when we were zooming everywhere on our crazy fast zooming dragon riding mounts?

Honestly I hope that next expansion, blizzard time gates dragon riding behind a 12 month wait for path finder so that everyone, including myself will truly and properly enjoy the new content in the way that the developers want us to.

yeah me too

And just like that, a collective sigh of relief came out from the community

A collective “phew!” is being heard across the entire online WoW-universe (this place, reddit, MMO-C, Youtube, twitch, etc etc) today :relieved:

2 Likes

Yay now I can spend more time cleaning my house tonight!

3 Likes

I can go back to being parked in Valdrakken while waiting for my BG queue-pops, the mind-numbingly boring rep grind has officially been “cancelled” :smiley: :partying_face: :tada:

2 Likes

the fact that they removed the renown requirement, now THAT was smart on their end. true, traditional flying is slower, but i find it more stable than the dragonriding version, personally, the one thing i didn’t enjoy with dragonriding, was the whole “vigor system” thing

5 Likes

you at the airport: “ahem. snort these planes aren’t flying. they’re gliding. heh. technically.”

1 Like