Traditional Flying Coming to the Dragon Isles in Guardians of the Dream

I actually don’t mind this so much- there have been several zones in the past where you couldn’t fly, like Molten Front, Isle of thunder, Timeless Isle, Argus. Special, patch-added zones.

Great call blizz!

Now remove the renown requirements for the story campaign and you’re golden

5 Likes

And you can stop hysterically complaining about people being upset over an unnecessary hoop to jump through.

That’s true, but those don’t allow dragon riding either.

6 Likes

But it still makes no sense that traditional flight won’t be available in those zones, since dragon riding already is.

Pathfinder in DF already makes no sense, but there’s senseless and then there’s asinine.

8 Likes

The story campaigns required for Pathfinder are not the ones that require Renown. (but it would be nice to not need renown 20ish to start the Tyr stuff).

1 Like

You don’t have those hoops now, so hush.

There there, little baby cow monk, it’ll be ok. Let’s turn that frown upside down! There’s still lots of other things you can be hysterical about that won’t affect you!

3 Likes

Very solid decision that not only promotes accessibility, but will encourage folks returning to the game to not be overly-burdened by renown catch-up in order to fly the way they choose. GG.

8 Likes

Much better change, not sure why 15 renown was even considered in the first place since all it does is punish your current player base who didn’t bother with it due to the Dragonflight storyline being boring and not worth the time, and it also just gate kept brand new players from regular flying which is just a terrible business decision in my opinion.

1 Like

Good decision, now if they’d just enable old flying in every zone and not just some of them it would be perfect.

6 Likes

Doesn’t matter either way. It’s less for me to do now. Im not sad one bit. I adapt, not cry. Now you can stop crying.

1 Like

I really like when NewBlizzTM pushes aside OldBlizTM and does something good for the game.

6 Likes

Well, this was a surprise.

Good step forward…

Now, we just need to get rid of flight being an unlock from Pathfinder. Especially, if you’re going to allow other flying systems at the start of an expansion. And I say unlock because it isn’t a reward.

10 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Great to hear you listen to feedback on this - just a quick paragraph, still makes me wonder if the problem zone (caverns) is excluded from this.

8 Likes

Even though I had all the things done (except Dreamweavers), I am glad Blizzard took this stance.

For better or worse, traditional flight is here to stay, and while I like the idea of “boots on the ground” being rewarded, the reputation grind is still irksome, especially if you are just coming back to the game, or are on an alt.

Alt gameplay is still very much…uninspired. And while I don’t expect raising 12 alts to be a snap, with the new profession system, and the imbalance in questing from each zone (it is far faster to level using Waking Shore than Thaldraszus) its far more likely coming late to the expansion will end up with players in reputation deficit and an incredibly steep hurdle to clear.

Again, even though I am caught up, I do not feel “put out” by Blizzard making life a little easier for other players. The point is to have fun. My fun is in engaging with the game, not gatekeeping how others engage. And having seen the various systems break down when you are not as engaged as I tend to be (as attested via alt gameplay), I applaud any quality of life change that encourages players to remain engaged.

My brother is resubbing this weekend. I am sure he will appreciate this as he only has a couple hours a week to play.

I think I have most of this already but I cannot stress it enough that taking a day or two to get it eliminates the deal-breaker of spending like a month doing stuff I otherwise would not care about. I never flew in wod, legion or bfa for that precise reason.

I am in general far more likely to stay subbed now that I can normal fly. I feel that is worth saying.

1 Like

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo I can fly on my Diablo 4 mount!

The Amalgam of Rage is back baby!

4 Likes

Because they knew they would get pushback on Pathfinder, especially this time around when they made a form of flying available from the start, so by dropping it so shortly before Blizzcon, they were probably hoping no one would see the requirements, and they would just get add it as is. I’m glad it didn’t work and they actually listened to the feedback, at least to a degree and changed the requirements. Maybe there is hope yet they will realize that Pathfinder, especially if they continue with Dragonriding going forward is self contradicting.

4 Likes