Trading post: The new Warden armor takes ONE YEAR to obtain

or -everything- is fomo… after all, one day wow will be gone, and everything in it… you too will be gone one day. as will the earth, the universe itself.

damn… they must suffer under a crippling amount of FOMO since even our very reality is only temporary.

1 Like

we’re not allowed to use that comparison, because

:laughing:

3 Likes

Trading Post is coming in about a week or so? Think of this way-- you’ll have the armor set by this time next year. That’s not that long of a wait, as it’ll be just over a year and some change of us playing Dragon Flight.

1 Like

What you are saying is that it will never be removed, that nothing on the trading post will ever be removed. That doesn’t seem to follow the current trend of increasing FOMO.

everything will -eventually- be removed, the game itself will shut down one day.
if you are basing FOMO on the idea that something might, eventually, one day no longer be available. then literally the entire game is FOMO… better hold onto all that grey vendor trash, cuz one day it won’t be available anymore!!!

Is this FOMO in the room with us right now?

1 Like

Warden armor whatever. Did they datamine any other cool stuff? I assume the post is more that just logging in once a month for one armor set. And this isn’t FOMO it’s more like timegating. Yeesh you’re worried you won’t be able to at least log in grab your currency at least one time in a roughly 30day period? I mean just set an alarm for the 1st of each month to remind you to pop in.

Blizzard, you’re getting in the way of honest players trying to leave the Horde to finally play the best race in this game with this.

SMH.

the best part about quitting this game for nearly 3 years and then coming back is that i missed out on quite a few things. and i hated it. but it hammered my “must get everything” mentality and turned me into a “who gives a crap” player. now i just have fun getting what i can if the ways to obtain are fun or not.

I think it is a good play, carrot on stick to keep people on board. They need stuff like this to stay above water. MMO competition is heating up, not just in other MMOs, but in the variety of available media in general. In ~2008 at WoW’s peak, Youtube was in infancy as a place to watch 240p videos of very poorly made content. All other MMOs were smaller and lower fidelity. Now YT Shorts can absorb people for hours on end, and it is one of dozens of video services. Now WoW is one of the smaller (in terms of depth and width of relevant content) and lower fidelity MMO. Now many other long term engaging game formats are available as well. Not to mention that PC is now just a platform option in a very large array of viable platforms, rather than the only reasonable way to game. It’s just time for Blizz to make things like this.

nobody tell this guy the achievement for What a Long, Strange Trip It’s Been, he’ll flip!

Who didn’t see this coming? That is what battle passes are like.

This will not go the way you guys think.

So anyone got a link to what the OP is talking about or are we all just casually believing them?

Is there a list of items that will be available?

So its an achievement reward for completing the trading post 12 times.

It probably should be like 6, but i dont get the FOMO complaint.

1 Like

This also takes a year plus a good amount of work on each achievement that goes with it. According to you all you have to do is log in each month to get what you want.

3 Likes

I don’t think that was the case, back then. If I recall correctly, that purple proto-drake mount/achievement also gave you 310% flight speed, which was rare back then.

Am I remembering that correctly? Because that’s why I made sure to grind out that achievement. It wasn’t a problem for me back then that it took all year long to do.

2 Likes

no i want it now!!! >:(((( if i can’t have it immediately then it’s wrong

1 Like

I mean Blizzard didn’t tell you to go out and make a guild based on a datamined reward you spotted in their upcoming feature lol that’s really on you pal…

3 Likes

Where did you see that its going to be in a year. Cause the reward for doing activities is suppose to change monthly and the first month is the Warden mount. So either its the reward for the month of december who’s always cycling or your info not accurate cause these reward are suppose to come back. And be different every month in a cycle so people who missed a month can get it later on.