Trading post: The new Warden armor takes ONE YEAR to obtain

The fact they felt we needed a battle pass in WoW to keep people interested is just sad. I mean what is this Fortnite or something, why is it almost every game lately has a battle pass?

8 Likes

Put yourself in my shoes. Imagine they add a sat based on undead warlocks. You get excited for it, and it turns you you have to wait a year to get it. Would you say “Hey, I want this sooner!” Or “No this is okay. I am perfectly fine waiting until 2024 because I am a blizzard customer who is already paying a sub and I will continue to do so even if Dragonflight is bad.”

2 Likes

lol…

if they need the mau’s that bad there are better ways.

even on days I don’t play eve…I log in. they give one daily reward offering at least always. One alpha, so even free players can get something. Omega (subbed players) get a 2nd better item per day.

And for special events you ahve to login 10 days out of say 14. they offer some nice stuff for those last days.

Okay I can do that. They want mau’s…and for the larger events I get maybe 150K to 200K skill points total. I can take the 2 minutes to do that.

People said this was how it would work. Blizzard didn’t hide anything.

• They want you to stay subbed and pay.
  • You want currency to get things that may become available.
  • ???

trying to figure out what the disconnect is here.

3 Likes

Probably because it’s shown success in player retention.

But if you were going to play anyways (which anyone on GD is) then it’s only a good thing

You’re making some assumptions.

No battlepass is worth it to me if the game is bad. I’m not going to stay subbed to DF if it’s bad. But it’s totally fine for battlepasses to put the cool content at the end.

I’m already going to be playing the game. Free stuff is free stuff.

1 Like

You don’t realize how important this set is, especially in the RP community. People have been wanting to RP as wardens for 15 years. We were teased, given hope that the patch would finally give us the opportunity. But now it turns out this unique night elf armor is going to be locked behind monthly retention. Blizzard will do anything they can to screw over night elf players.

6 Likes

What’s one more then?

This is the epitome of making a mountain out of a molehill

10 Likes

I don’t expect someone who’s entire argument is “you’re gonna play it anyways bro” to understand.

5 Likes

why?

we waited a year for the purple proto.

5 Likes

There’s nothing to understand.

You got over eager and got disappointed because of it.

Manage your expectations.

We all know you’re gonna be playing anyways.

8 Likes

The purple proto Drake is way less significant than a unique set of 3D armor

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for 16 years to get a purple proto drake, I have a guild based on it

6 Likes

i don’t understand the problem.
you wanted a thing.
the thing is available to work towards.

…but you need to find something to be angry about because… why?

2 Likes

I’m not angry. I’m disappointed. It’s not like it’s a month of grinding, it’s an entire year of having to stay subbed to the game

1 Like

That you were going to be subbed to anyways.

4 Likes

Violet protodrake says hi

7 Likes

okay then… as an RPer, use this as a story opportunity, your characters have been given the opportunity to join the wardens yes. but first, like with any elite organization, there is a period of training, during which you must learn the skills and traditions before being allowed to become a full warden and donning the full armor.

boom, you can still keep your guilds rp going, while also working with the wait.
now you also get to run rp training events. come up with some ceremonies and rituals for members to go through as they get closer and closer to the big day. and think about how much more special it will be to have the big ascension ceremony when members finally get to wear their armor for the first time!!!

honestly, that all sounds a hell of a lot more fun than ‘sup we’re here, also we’re sentinels now’

and thats just something I threw together off the top of my head, if you can’t figure out ways to create a compelling narrative based around something like this, then you didn’t actually want roleplay, you wanted a fashion show.

13 Likes

OP doesn’t want answers, they want to whine

11 Likes

Well then by your own definition, this isnt FOMO.

3 Likes

Wait it is individual pieces and not just an Ensemble you can buy? Classic Blizzard L.