Trading post error

When trying to purchase an item in the trading post, the request hangs and eventually I receive a pop up that says “there was an error communicating with the server. please try again later.”

When I return to the trading post it says that I own the item, but I do not.

3 Likes

i have been getting that same error message to. i dont get your second part, it just pops up the connection error message. so effectively, i cant buy anything

1 Like

I have the same thing and I did not get the 500 coins from my chest when I opened it. It just froze and did nothing.

this keep shappening to me n im so angry i jsut want to buy my stuff

Yeah, the trader says I have stuff to claim in the chest but when I open it nothing happens other than a chest opening animation.

Same Problem here sadly. I keep trying to buy the steed but the error message keeps coming up. I am “guessing??” I can’t open the chest to get the extra 500 until I spend down from the 1000 I have but that’s just a guess

Ok, Just tried again for the twentieth time after typing that message and it worked???
weird. but glad

I’m in the same boat as the OP. I click purchase and it just kinda hangs in limbo until i get the same error message. i’ve tried killing addons, and purchasing on other characters with no luck.

Same here. “There was an error communicating with the Server. Please try again later.”
Trying to purchase Garrlok.
Have tried three different characters, have tried completely closing WoW and starting up again, have tried disabling all addons.
I have 1500 coins and he does not show up as already purchased.
What gives? :frowning:

Was there ever a solution to this or is it just wait til Blizz fixes. Have same problem. Try to purchase something and after a delay it says, “There was an error communicating with the Server. Please try again later.”

Error Buff is still going strong in March…
Tried to purchase Shattered Voidspire that was frozen and the error popped up. Hadn’t seen it until I went to purchase it.

Same thing. My first time interacting with the Trading Post ever, and I just keep getting the same error, despite having 2k of the coins.

Still getting this same error but it does not say that I own the item. Can’t purchase anything with my 1500 coins.

Having the same issue a month and a half later, by the way…

Same here sadly, no fix yet…

1 Like

Also have this issue, cant buy anything, shame since I really want the new mogs

Same issue. This is getting tedious.

I am getting the same trading post error now April 1 trying to purchase the serpent… did anyone find a work around or should I make a ticket??

I had the same issue last month, and it created all kinds of head aches and further issues. I started today, not able to collect my currency from the chest. Here is what I did and for now, things seem to be working okay with one purchase made, no issues.

First thing to mention, and I have no idea why this is relevant, but it seems to be. I have a second account I usually keep running at the AH. Both accounts were up and running when having this issue. On my main account, I disabled all addons and completely exited the game. On my second account, I simply exited completely, no change to addons. Hopped on the main account ONLY with no active addons and with no issues, am able to collect my currency and spend it.

Now I don’t know how many of you above have a second account you also have up or why that would have anything to do with it other than complete coincidence. I know I tried disabling all addons and nothing changed, I exit the second account, and suddenly I’m good to go. I don’t know if this will help anyone, but if nothing else, maybe it’s just more info we can collectively add to in-game bug reports.

I also have more than one account and cannot open the chest and have zero tenders saved up. I did what you suggested Aysin, but it did not work for me. Chest does not open and balance of tenders is zero.