Trading Post And Lack of Turkeys

Hello everyone! Thanksgiving is in November, so I’m a little surprised to see a lack of turkeys or Thanksgiving/Pilgrim’s Bounty-themed items in there. I think the inclusion of the broom for October was spot-on, so I’m surprised to see this month isn’t following the same paradigm.

Do you think Trading Post months with in-game holidays should always have an in-game holiday-themed item? I believe they should but would like to read what others are thinking.

6 Likes

Not always but choice is always good.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

All my turkey comments aside, a witch’s broom is widely accepted Halloween concept worldwide. Thanksgiving is a US holiday (Canada celebrates in October :face_with_spiral_eyes:) - most of the rest of the world doesn’t care about commemorating some Pilgrims+Native Americans meal.

Hello friend! In my view, the US holiday itself does not matter since there is an in-game holiday for November (Pilgrim’s Bounty) which uses the Thanksgiving theme. It’s no different than October Trading Post having a Hallow’s End themed item.

3 Likes

I want a turkey for my hunter to tame and a turkey mount.

Pilgrims Bounty holiday is boring.

Needs a dungeon to get a turkey mount and vendor to sell pets, toys and mogs.

:turkey:

3 Likes

Hallmark really pulled off the most successful psyop

OMG! My hunter wants the same! What a cool idea!

They ran away and hid with the Tuskarr’s! And at least let cooking make pumpkin pies.

1 Like

I noticed you made like 5 posts within 5 minutes. Are you ok? Need some attention?

You will see Turkeys AFTER Halloween.

Maybe there will be something new for Pilgrim’s bounty itself. Might not be a turkey mount, but I’m hoping for at least something.

Yeah as an American it’s very easy to forget that its a unique holiday to use given how engrossed in our culture it is, primarily due to commercial reasons similar to a lot of other holidays. I actually made a thanksgiving feast for my roommates last spring so they could see and taste what its like, they were from Germany and Sweden. They liked it, and were surprised at the amount of food that we make for it, along with the types of foods that were served too.

Canadians celebrate Thanksgiving too.

:surfing_man: :surfing_woman:

True, but Canadians aren’t real similar to birds…

(I’m joking BTW before anyone gets mad :heart: )

1 Like

I agree with this entirely; Pilgrim’s Bounty is part of Azeroth and is celebrated across the continents.

It would have been great to have a whimsical few items that celebrated the in-game holiday. It has been part of the game since WOTLK and it is a miss that it was not included in our line-up of November 2023 TP items.

1 Like

Isn’t thanksgiving that super racist American holiday?