Trading in Mythic+ ends on Tuesday?

Right now, it’s pretty common for people to trade away items they don’t want.

However, would you agree this tendency will now plummet because a poor item could still be upgraded?

3 Likes

for high end mythic+ i highly doubt it, since most people have a few +226 right now, but yeah i’d imagine basic drops are more valuable :slight_smile:

i plan to just spam low keys and upgrade the slots i have not at 226 yet.

the cap for the first week is a whopping 7k, so can boost something nice from a low key pretty high.

oh sure, I guess if you are that high up already.

I just traded away an item in a +8, it was worse than what I had, but if I could upgrade it…then in theory it could become better than what I have.

I’m also wondering if people will start spamming lower keys to complete them quicker and easier while aiming to get a specific piece of gear because it can then be upgraded.

lol - you posted while I was typing, but this is totally what I was thinking people would be doing.

1 Like

it’s a good idea to run like +14’s or lower and then just spend valor :slight_smile:

it can be used as a good way to gear up which is why i think it’s going to be successful !

no reason not to. unlikely you need everything at 226, just a trinket to mess with and maybe a helmet

getting those at a +7 and ranking it up will be very easy, especially for the bad dungeons

1 Like

Depends on how them secondaries are looking :wink:

This will 100% be a thing.

I know more than a few people ready to spam DoS keys for the trinkets., and I’m a sample size of one.

How will that play into how the GV works? Does spamming lower keys mean they’ll now have to spam more higher keys to keep their ilvl coming out of the GV up?

Maybe a positive consequence of this will be better teams doing lower keys.

As a Healer, hope to capitalize on this for a bit.

honestly the GV is rapidly losing relevance with it’s cap of 226

there’s nothing in there for you as a mythic raider except for very specific pieces and at that point it’s a dice roll if you’ll even get an upgrade in that slot

I’m just glad I like that place.

1 Like

It’s a non factor. We do enough m+ to never have to worry about the vault :woman_shrugging:

I guess if it was going to be a concern on non push weeks, we’d just farm enough 14s for vault, then look for lower keys for loot chances, idk.

We think alike. :wink:

I am going to farm lower m+ dungeons for a head piece and then upgrade with valor because I need to replace the legendary on that slot next week.

1 Like

Well let’s use me for example. I’m only 185. In order to still get the best use out of GV, I’d need to smash out ten +10 in the week to get my 3 options of higher ilvl gear before spamming low level ones to upgrade via valor yeah?

I mean that doesn’t really bother me if that’s how it has to work, m+ is my scene any whi

you could yes, but anyone who’s farming is probably capable of doing enough to get a better vault or just doesn’t care about it anymore.

the fact i can just grind out what’s in the m+ section of the vault makes it very unappealing to try and fill it up imo, not even touching upon it already being mostly useless for me

would rather target a helmet and upgrade it from a +5 than run 10 14s and hope my vault contained a helmet.

1 Like

Yes, I can see this depending on how the item’s secondaries. There will still be trading, but this valor upgrade change might see lower ilevel pieces increase in value.

I haven’t really had a chance to use the GV so I’m not 100% sure how it works.

If I ran 10 dungeons ranging between 2-10. I’d get the 10 key, say a 6 key, and then the 2 key.

Do the rewards from GV fluctuate on ilvl corresponding with the key in the numbered slots in GV?

So for me, to get 3 options at 210 for example i would need to run 10 10s.

Otherwise I’ll get rewards in correspondence with the 10 key, the 6 key and the 2 key. Meaning I’d only really have 1 option for an ilvl upgrade (being the 10 key choice from GV). But if it’s a duplicate of an item I already have, I’m screwed because my other 2 choices are Lower ilvl due to lower keys.

Right?

I get that. But for me who’s still gearing up, I get to take advantage of all 3 things. Loot that drops from timing, GV, and my collected valor from my runs :slight_smile:

1 Like

+1
/10char