Trading gold between servers in SoD

I really would like a GM/support confirmation if I’m allowed to trade gold between versions of WoW/different servers, as I was suspended for this and the reason was “gold buying”
As per this link, https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/29162?_gl=1*1fppvmq*_ga*MTEyMzY1NjgxMi4xNzA2MDI1ODk1*_ga_VYKNV7C0S3*MTcwNzc2Mjk1NC4xOS4wLjE3MDc3NjI5NTQuNjAuMC4w, we should be able to xfer gold between versions of wow and servers but like I’ve said I’ve been punished for this and want a clearer answer. To note: Not trying to appeal, tried over 20 times, but just want to know a real answer and can site back to if suspended again because I’m re rolling on a new server and would like to trade gold to it.

Its a unsupported transaction and the people ur getting the gold from lately have been using stolen gold and are criminals.

Realitty is if blizzard wanted a legitamet way to do it they would have implemented it.

You gota ask your self if you have to do the deal outside of wow how legit is it.

5 Likes

No one at Blizzard will guarantee you won’t get suspended over it.

Do you know the person you are trading the gold with in real life? If not, you run the risk of receiving gold that was purchased illegally. And that puts your account at risk of suspension/closure because now it looks like you bought gold too.

9 Likes

Transferring gold like that is a wholly unsupported transaction, Twas.

The reason it’s totally unsupported is because so very much can go wrong.

In this case, you weren’t suspended for trading gold, you were suspended for receiving gold from a known exploitive account.

Given there is no way you can know who you are dealing with, trusting ANYONE for this is a huge risk.

21 Likes

Most of the people on the trading discord are gold sellers. So when you think your trading with a real player you are in fact in the eye’s of blizzard it looks like your buying gold. Sure you trade someone else gold on another server but since all the communication between parties happens outside of blizzards view. Well they see what they see.

If you want to keep your account from being suspended or banned do not try trading gold. Unless you really know the person.

Best answer is do not do it, Unless you want a permaban.

9 Likes

Mentioning the terms of a given Retail Gold ↔ SoD Gold trade in-game might help with proving that the trade is legitimate and not RMT… (Providing logs from Discord or another chat application won’t help, since those can be faked…)

Though still, you’d have to be able to trust that the person you’re trading with isn’t on a compromised account, or getting their gold from illicit sources…

Probably better to just not engage in this kind of trading to begin with.

1 Like

I think i said it best in my first post if blizzard wanted a legit way to do so theyd have implemented by now and if u have to work outside blizzard sandbox to do it your asking for trouble.

5 Likes

You could put in a suggestion for blizzard to make a way to legally trade gold this way. Sure they could setup something that will see if gold is legit and not stolen. Other then that I would stay away from these trades.

1 Like