Tradeskillmaster has gotten out of hand

I’ve seen bigger cuts, maybe it depends on sale price?

Thank you though.

The point is, it’s not free, and the fee needs to be accounted for when post. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s because weakauras isn’t really an addon in the conventional sense. It’s an interface through which you can write addons, either in lua or with simple templating. Anything a weakaura can do another addon could also be made to do, it would just be significantly more effort (Though possibly more efficient / cause less load on the game).

1 Like

It’s always 5%. Now, depending on the item and its deposit price, it’s possible to lose 25% or more. It’s important to not only consider the 5% cut, but the deposit price which you do not get back if the item doesn’t sell.

3 Likes

probably this.
I usually post in batches.
Yesterdays second round of AH posts sold for just over 41k and my cut was just under 38k when I got the gold in the mail. So thats what , like 8% there about?

why stop at tsm ban
auctionator addon
or anything that tell you the price on which items were sold and last seen

uhm didnt it used to be 15%?

I have no idea. It’s been 5% for a very long time now though, and that’s all that’s relevant :slight_smile:

1 Like

the neutral auction house takes a 15% cut.

I’m still going to use and advocate a 25% margin above vendor sell price as a general rule of thumb.

Cutting a profit margin to slightly over 5% percent of vendor sell price isn’t worth messing around with. Just vendor the item or warehouse it in your bank for later if one wants to try again some other time with a specific item.

Personally, I’d just vendor the item. 5.1% over vendor sell price is inconsequential for the items I sell.

You do know all Auction Houses are cross-faction, correct?

4 Likes

DBM walked so WA could run tbh. Blizzard should redesign how they make fights to be more readable, and then block those addons. If they just blocked those addons without fixing how they design fights, it wouldn’t help all that much and just cause frustration.

2 Likes

you do know the neutral ah takes a 15% cut still right?

I wouldn’t know because I don’t play Classic, nor do I care to talk about Classic on the Retail forums.

3 Likes

People keep saying this, as if repetition would make it true.

So I’ll just repeat myself - there is NO automation as part of TSM. If people use some form of botting software relative to the AH then that is hardly TSM’s fault. If TSM had automation in it, Blizzard would have blocked it long since.

Sure, and ban people from going to websites like Oribos Exchange that provide all the commercial information on the AH everywhere. They can do that, right?

And the neutral AH was converted to be part of the overall AH system in retail back some years ago.

4 Likes

You can only cancel like 80 auctions though before being throttled by Blizzard.

1 Like

I believe the cap is 60 and it recharges 1 per 5 seconds, based on my experience.

1 Like

this isn’t about classic. this is about retail. the NEUTRAL RETAIL AUCTION HOUSE TAKES A 15% CUT. BECAUSE THE NEUTRAL RETAIL AUCTION HOUSE ISN’T CROSSREALM. so what part of this do you NOT understand?

Hasn’t existed for nine years. All Auction Houses operate the same way.

3 Likes

No.it.does.not.

It does not fully automate anything.

But since you have downloaded and removed it so many times, I am guessing you never have taken the time to learn how it works. If you had taken an iota of the time you spent writing this BS, nonsense, Sunday post you would realize just how full of it these statements are and wouldn’t be spouting such BS misinformation.

I did take the time to learn how it works, it works like spyware. That opens a sick spreadsheat on ur screen that lets you fully automate the pipeline from herb to whatever between multiple characters with just a few extra clicks an outside program can do for you (you shouldn’t be doing this)

but ppl do because I see bots all the time in warmode in pvp doing much more complex things however when u shoot them out of the sky and pvp them they just stand there they don’t fight back yet

I’ve seen bots run from the AH to vendors or vendors to quest mobs too (there was an instance of this in ironforge even) — TSM makes stuff like this much easier for those folks. It’s too powerful and changes the balance of the game drastically between those who don’t use it (or can’t, and you are not a bad person if you can’t use TSM because its too complex or 3rd party software in addition to just an addon), those who use it, and those who abuse it.

It is just like blizz to turn the favor of gameplay towards botters and script kiddies instead of actual human brains who aren’t zergling goblinoids. And to allow something like this to fester in the community.