Tradeskillmaster has gotten out of hand

You need a degree in logistics to use this app and it has divided the playerbase between the haves and have nots.

This is the 6th time i’ve isntalled it and set it up to try and use it.

Blizzard could do a lot to eliminate this problem through their base UI by putting in their own automation to crafting.

------- DOWN WITH THE GOBLINS ---------- and script kiddies who use this software to fully automate the AH

13 Likes

Nothing is automated about it, learn to play

11 Likes

Yes it allows automation thru 3rd party apps go to their website and download their software and pay a premium too. Ppl have apps that will read the info and click things for them.

This addon/app is shenanigains and the source app barely and i mean just barely skirts the rules and grey area of the ToS

6 Likes

I just use it to see sale rates and averages for items. I’m sure it has some other great features, but I just don’t find AH pvp interesting enough to devote time learning more about it.

6 Likes

Please tell us what the app automates then.

7 Likes

Yeah, I’m sure there’s also tons of other semi-illegal stuff they do as well, lol.

I saw several stealth feral-cat-druid bots farming Writhebark in the plains the other day- definitely hooked up to someone’s account, and likely making gold off those bots.

I honestly stopped caring about making gold in WoW the moment they introduced the token- all desire just vanished, because I know people are just buying those to circumvent actually playing the game.

My involvement and interest in the player economy died that day, lol.

2 Likes

You cannot “fully automate” the AH with TSM. They are using different software to bot the AH which is most definitely NOT allowed.

5 Likes

The point is that TSM allows much easier automation through clickers and reading the 3rd party database.

It’s out of hand when you can just create a full supply chain and react to the market in real time while 3rd party programs can pipe data from TSM and click for players including auction cancelation.

TSM is literally designed to enable this and simplify this by allowing other programs to interact with it through its queue system.

It goes way beyond highlighting what is profitable or making shopping lists.

5 Likes

That sounds a lot like you saying that TSM isn’t the problem…but people using autoclickers/bots is, which is already against the rules

8 Likes

It’s still 1 click = 1 action. Nothing is automated. Perhaps you should install it and use it yourself.

7 Likes

TSM is a malicious and nefarious addon.

Plus it’s really not good for anything except cheating. Why would I spend the effort to leverage it for that when I am clearly against these things.

If all TSM did was let you compare regent value vs AH value and create a shopping list. Or simply reformat the TS interface I’d be ok with that. Except it does much more.

I would be OK with the devs turning tradeskills and going all eve online into markets. I’m not ok with TSM being leveraged so someone on multiple accounts or with 50 alts can just manipulate the AH and queue 5000 potion orders which can then be performed by bot scripts.

3 Likes

This is just an elaborate troll.

8 Likes

Ok.

5 Likes

I like add ons but TSM and DBM need to be blocked

4 Likes

I’ve been using TSM for many years as a causual gold maker. I never bothered to learn how to do all the scripting stuff. I just use to track sales revenue and profit. What items are currently in demand. Etc. And it has been insanely helpful at that.

For example. Back in early 8.3. TSM made me realize that farming the Nazjatar scales (forget what they are called, it’s a skinning stuff) was insanely good on my server. They were in extrememly high demand, and no one was farming them for some reason. So i started farming them and made as much as 120k gold an hour from just those scales.

6 Likes

I agree that TSM has gotten out of hand. There are too many people that spend an unhealthy amount of time cancel scanning the auction house. It’s not fun to devote all of your time cancel scanning just to sell something on the auction house, I would much rather spend my time actually enjoying the in game content.

Yes, TradeSkillMaster may be useful for small things such as showing regional and server values. However, I feel strongly that TSM is a tool that is extremely susceptible to being abused by many who manage to cancel scan their auction house inventory all day with bots.

I agree that this most likely would occur with or without TSM, but you cannot argue that TSM makes cancel scanning almost too easy. Especially for players with bots.

6 Likes

Ive heard the wow economy is /was studied in some economics classrooms. This thread makes me believe it more.

2 Likes

DBM is pretty innocuous. Weakauras are far more powerful than DBM. WA impacts boss encounters far more than DBM ever has.

2 Likes

TSM basics.

First of all and most importantly the AH takes a 25% cut of your gold for all sales.

When you mouse over an item you will get a lot of sales data.

You are only interested in average sold daily.

If an item has an average sold under 1. For instance 0.300.
That means it sells very poorly and might takes weeks or even months to sell.

Things like herbs, they sell in volume. Some are selling upwards of 40k per day.
These will sell nearly instantly after you post them.

Estimated sale price>
Use your head when posting.
Players will post a single herb for 40,000g that normally sells for 10g.
No you won’t get 40k for a single herb.
Use your head when posting.
look at the current price.
How many are posted at that price, and how many sell each day.
If you see a “to good to be true” sale price for an item, look it up yourself to see why it would be fetching such a price.

Canceling…
There is no reason to constantly cancel and relist at a small under cut.
Lets use herbs for example.

When your herbs are selling 40k units per day, you will get the average price when the undercuts sell for less and yours are still listed.

The cheap ones will obviously sell fist, but unless there are 40k cheapo ones( enough to satisfy the average amount sold daily), yours will still sell. Might take a few minutes instead of instantly, but they will sell for the fair average price.

Undercutting…
As I said in the first sentence of this post.
The AH gets 25% of your gold for the sale.

Don’t do it.
Nobody wins a race to bottom.
Post your items at the same as everyone else, or average if its a bulk items like herbs, fish, ore, etc,etc.

If your sale price isn’t vendor sell price+25% you are losing gold by selling them on the AH.
You will make more gold vendoring the items instead.

For example, your item vendors for 100g. You will need to sell it on the AH for at least 125g to get the same price as vendoring it.

These are just basics. Following them I’ve made just over 1.5million selling mostly fish and herbs this expansion.

1 Like

Hi. I just want to point out the AH takes 5%, not 25%.

10 Likes