Trader's Tender, Spending Real Money, and the Monthly Cap

Can we get (or do we have) confirmation that Trader’s Tender acquired through purchases on the shop counts against the monthly cap?

I ask because it’s one thing for folks to be able to spend real money to acquire some or all of the monthly cap instead of spending the time in game to earn it… but it is very much a whole other thing if tender from real money purchases allow you to exceed the monthly cap.

The former is fair and would likely be appreciated by people who don’t have the time but do have the money, and it would still make money for Blizzard.

The latter is a disrespectful predatory move to get people to spend real money to get trader’s tender.

6 Likes

It’s 200 bonus tenders that don’t count towards the cap. This is similar to the 500 bonus tenders we received when the Trading Post launched for owning Dragonflight.

3 Likes

Aye, similar. But this can of worms can be endless, limited only by how much cosmetic content the team can churn out for the shop.

And the more tender available for real money, the worse it is ethically.

It’s one thing to use it as an incentive for people to buy expansions, but another to use it as an incentive for buying microtransactions.

2 Likes

I completely agree. Ion implied it’d be for expansion bundles, not for cosmetics. I think this is a dirty move and it’s only going to get worse from here.

I can already see WoW going F2P but you can pay for a sub and get Tenders and other bonuses. I get people have been saying WoW has been dying for years, but they’re not wrong. This has come about in order to milk people for as much money for as long as they can before they have to drop the mandatory sub and introduce a WoW+ Subscription.

3 Likes

Whole lotta Chicken Littles on the forums today lol

5 Likes

You may be 100% correct, but I personally don’t want to try to guess any ulterior motives.

Regardless of the state of the game, it’s a bad move.

I hope this gets sufficient backlash that we don’t see this again.

1 Like

4 Likes

There is, but I assume this thread is not included in your assessment.

Wha? If it’s not extra tendies it would be stupid. You login to the game and basically cap monthly.

Oh, it certainly is.

You can also assume that the 200 can exceed the monthly cap, because can you imagine if it didn’t and someone bought the thing after they’d already filled out for the month? I’m absolutely positive that this extra tender is completely unrelated to the adventure log bar.

I’m also positive that calling it a “disrespectful predatory move” is some hysterical nonsense.

They’ll release a September bundle that costs $20 of some awesome expensive previously mount/transmog set and give you extra 950 tokens so you can buy another class set/weapons (950 is the amount you need per class)

:thinking:

Ain’t that a convenience, surely they’ll never do something like this

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/975942251366731799/1136011742800007228/Screenshot_20230801-140452.png

6 Likes

I’m not in the habit of getting mad at my imagination, so I can’t help you with that, sorry.

I’ll also never see anything related to optional video game dress-up to be “predatory” and I envy the cushy, sunshiny lives of people who can.

1 Like

I’d wager my mortgage that the backlash will not even be in the same neighborhood as the number of people buying this.

3 Likes

The only backlash that counts is players cancelling their subscriptions. I don’t see that happening in large enough numbers to convince Blizzard to stop this practice.

2 Likes

It’s coming, anyone who thinks it’s still not happening after this latest joke of a store bundle is delusional.

3 Likes

I highly recommend learning more about human beings work.

True. Though while it wouldn’t qualify as backlash, if the corsage bundle doesn’t do acceptable numbers, that could also serve to deliver the same message. Though with the way capitalism works, it’ll instead deliver the message of “we need to put more tenders in the bundle next time!”

1 Like

Why wouldn’t it exceed the cap? The cap is for earning them. Buying them is outside that.

2 Likes

Care to elaborate here? Is selling Tender as part of a bundle an ethical concern?

What an appropriately vague and condescending remark that says nothing of specific value.

Chicken Little indeed :rofl:

How rude, and a lack of foresight.

This is why Blizzard will escalate this. It’s due to players like you.

3 Likes