Trade District Vision

Actually terrible. Who the hell designed this bouncing around and countless mobs spawning?

Im actually pissed off. My group could not complete it because of the bounce backs.

This is more annoying and punishing than actually fun and challenging.

52 Likes

What caused the push back?

Its a pool of fire that does it every 10s or so, it doesn’t even matter where you are, it will do it if you are walking too, and in turn you pull more adds. You also cant cast the orb because you’re constantly in combat.

3 Likes

Yeah, came here to vent about it too. Wasted my vessel. Was in a party of 5 and we just kept getting bounced around into other packs while dropping 5 pools of fire everywhere. It was absolutely awful. Wouldn’t be as mad if you didn’t get like…3 vessels a week.

20 Likes

Exactly what happened to my group of 5.

8 Likes

Thank your bringing this up, gonna make sure to wait for a hot fix or something.

Sorry this happened to your runs though, that sucks.

Did you report it to blizzard anywhere but here?

9 Likes

Ya ima hold off for a fix too.
TY for the heads up, looks like a good time to push an alt through the opening questline I guess.

5 Likes

Absolutely agreed. I am already frustrated by the concept of having a small limited number of attempts to get this right. I am reading and watching videos beforehand to be as prepared as possible. But then I go in and ridiculous debuffs like this make it nearly impossible to complete. This horrific vision design is terrible, stressful, and no fun whatsoever.

18 Likes

Bahaha!

The Darkness will Consume you!!

These visions are a mess.

I mean “balance” if you do them solo is pretty out of whack.

Good luck if your a healer - “He chose poorly”. Play as a DH - “You have chosen wisely”.

Solo versions have next to no parity based on your class/spec.

Group ones are basically about making sure you have as much AOE as possible, so again some classes are just significantly better than others.

Probably only a matter of time before you can 5 DH it. Not sure if boss abilities hit hard enough to force traditional 1t, 3dps, 1h composition.

That’s not even taking into consideration the litany of other issues (limited attempts, unclear quest objectives w/o external guide, forced currency farming for attempts - which was pretty derided even during mage tower, etc., etc.).

I want to be excited about these. I really do. They genuinely seem interesting. However all of the hoops you have to jump through - do not.

28 Likes

Went to take a look at this thing for my 5th upgrade, blew 2 orb uses getting out of it, had to shadowmeld on one, got half sanity and just got out of there.

Killing the tenticles popping in and out seems to be a key, but couldn’t figure out what the hell I was supposed to do. Can’t click on the prisoners in cages like in the assaults, so that’s a misleading design inconsistency.

7 Likes

Why couldn’t they just give us dungeons we could do solo or something with increasingly harder mechanics like m+…This whole sanity / vision crapola does nothing but muddy the water.

BLAH ;p

3 Likes

I was confused too but then I finally found the 2 small bosses in that wing and after I killed them I was able to click the prisoners and they appeared on the mini map as well.

2 Likes

Ok… That type of thing is always done with a gear icon and rollover with “locked some key required”

It’s like they just threw out any style guides they had for game play and user experience.

5 Likes

I have two keys this week and failed one on the stormwind crapfest blizz calls a vision. Im just going to save my other one for the next Org round, it was waaay less annoying.

8 Likes

Seems like you guys are having trouble grasping the affix in those corrupted zones.

After you get that burning debuff, once you start moving, you’ll be launched in whatever direction you’re currently going, and leave a patch of fire where you were.

So, when you get the fire debuff, all you have to do is stop moving for a few seconds, and pre-plan what direction you want to head in. You can use this jump to avoid enemy attacks or other location-based badness. Just requires a bit of forethought and preplanning on where you’re standing.

Granted, this is based on the perspective of someone who did it solo. I imagine those fire patches are a much bigger annoyance if you’re doing it in a group.

17 Likes

Personally I’m not a fan of scaling content like that.

I like content to be hard that I can work at, master and complete. Mage towers were a good example of this (or even mythic raids back in the day).

If it just scales indefinitely with me - it ultimately feels like a waste of time to me.

5 Likes

Sounds horrid. I failed because went a bit too fast on way there, lost too much health died and it is over, goodbye 10 k.

Is the other corrupt wing easier? Something about bombs.

I was barely short of 10 k, so got 509 fast. So have some leway to rank six cloak maybe seven.

This made me uninstall WoW today, hard enough as a prot pally without being thrown back 40ft every 5 seconds. Died because I was thrown right as my orb was casting, if this is what Blizzard thinks is fun they aren’t making games for me anymore.

PS. It wasn’t just the affix but the affix was the final straw

20 Likes

It also doesn’t help that me and a friend had a problem with an LOS issue when we were fighting Alleria. We were behind a pillar and her explosion attack still hit and killed me and a friend.

1 Like