Trade Chat is Incredibly Toxic Tonight

The only thing i said you did personally was dehumanize them by “othering” them, pretending they are completely different somehow.

Which only proves my point.

Please quote me where I said anything like that?

Defining how a group self-identifies is not othering them; if anything, they’ve othered themselves, but I’m pretty sure it’s just adoption of a label if you do it to yourself. :woman_shrugging:

No. Lol. Being derogatory is against the rules.

It doesnt say “being derogatory as long as you think its fine” it says “derogatory laguage/behavior is not acceptable”.

Well, you aren’t the arbitrator of the rules, so go kick rocks. /dismissed

“radicalization of lonely white boys with vile personalities”

Its not about the label, its about how you are othering them as people.

They arnt sexually frustrated people.

No they are LONELY WHITE BOYS who have VILE PERSONALITIES. Not to be confused with normal people.

Othering.

No, the ToS and social contract are. Which state derogatory (critical or disrespectful) language and or behavior is not acceptable.

If you dont like the rules you can leave.

Since this fits in what I was arguing, you might want to include the counter point (I agree with everything you have said)

ITs those losers fault we dont like them if they just turning into the guys we like, we would like them. Then can grow to over 6 ft. They can make 6 figures. They can be outgoing and confident (despite having no reason to ever be confident). Maybe they can get rid of their Autism and act like a full adult despite having the development of a 12 year old. Maybe they can overcome their autistic issues with bathing (took me 6 years to get my 25 year old son to accept bathing one a week).

Like you said its tribalism and it goes both ways. The reason people like me bring this up is because I can see the ignorance is one tribe (or in this case both tribes) blaming the lowest rung of society for all the ills.

I agreed with the rules, I have nothing to fear. This is my main, I’m not hiding behind a low level alt. Go gatekeep elsewhere. /shoo

Because it’s a group that self-identifies as hateful and vile?

Again, we’re not talking about “anyone who cannot get a girlfriend”, we are talking about a specific subculture of people who possess nothing but hatred and contempt for an entire gender from whom they believe themselves to be owed sexual gratification whenever they want it, no matter how they behave, or how they seek to subjugate that gender and speak of them like animals.

This is such a bizarre conversation. It’s like I said that famous German political party from WWII had specific political goals, and you guys threw a fit about how not all people with shaved heads are racists. Like, yeah? Nobody said they were?

Ohh absolutrly. Like others have said, you can be short, and unattractive… but then work on your positive… be charming, be funny, build a career and be financially stable. Be happy with yourself and who you are, and if you are happy with yourself and who you are… that tends to attract all kinds of people. Because people love being around positivity, nobody wants to be around q toxic, negative person.

But a lot of these groups, be it the wokecult, be it the “everything i dont like is communism” dipsomethings, be it incels, radfems, literal (a german political party from the 30s to the mid 40s that was wiped off the face of the earth) alquida, etc etc… just have a few key people creating these monolithic entities with which to blame all their suffering on…

One of my favorite saying in life is “A scapegoat is just as good as a solution, sometimes better”. Not because i like to scapegoat, but because it points out how often people scapegoat instead of finding a solution because its easier.

So these people are told its x monolithic entities fault for everything, and they start to go along with it because it makes sense… its not their choices to blame. Its mot their actions, or inactions, its mot their fault… its the entities fault. Its a the entitiy. The entity did everything. And thats how you start down the path to radicalization, because the more you blame on the entity the more hatred grows for the entity and its representstives… and the further you move from actually solving any of your problems… so the worse they get… so the more you blame, the more angry you get… the more the problems pile up because nothing is being solved. Its an endless feedback loop. Eventually it either gets so bad that the problems simply cannot be ignored and are dealt with, which sometimes breaks the cycle, or violence that eventually consumes the person.

1 Like

FWIW I actually do agree with your final paragraph here, and I don’t think we disagree as much as this conversation has led us down nitpicking specific word choices.

1 Like

trade chat is legit the worst.

they let it go for a decade longer than they should have they needed to hire moderators a long long time ago.

I just turn it all off on every new character.

I am totally agreement with that. I’m having schadenfreude moments now seeing the eye twitching and squirming going on as Blizzard Moderators start doing their jobs.

AKA you are the problem and you don’t care if the world burns, so much form inclusivity tolerance and diversity.

1 Like

What a biased take.

Yes, there are people who want to be dicks and cause hell.

Then there’s just the majority of people playing who want to have fun and be free within boundaries, not have to act like they’re at work

I don’t believe I was biased. I mentioned both concerned groups of people, upset for different reasons. The thread was created to discuss the intense discussion and discourse, it makes sense that most of it has to do with A, bad people, aka the trolls, who are upset about being more easily handled, and B, others who are afraid of what those said bad people, could do, with said rules and regulations, with the nature of them being interpretation to the person and situation. How I personally feel about it all, is mixed. Neither fully positive, or negative. I just gave an explanation to most of the most commonly discussed issues that the OP mentioned, namely the intense discussions.