Toxic trolls in forums

Instant gratification has spread to the art of the insult and the troll. To do it well requires a well read mind and that doesn’t seem to be much of a thing in the days of Twilight and watching the movie instead. A pox on all their houses.

1 Like

Is it really that bad here?

Yes. The forum is overrun with people who are convinced the game is dead and are not only very vocal with their pessimism, they actively shoot down optimism.

4 Likes

Well said, but why? to what end? What is behind their agenda? If the game dies so do their characters which means everyone has wasted their time. There is something more to this attitude, where does it stem from? Salty about being ban or silenced maybe?

Just pushing boundaries to see how far they can go to grief others from their safety zone?

Why not permaban after 3 or 4 times of it and be done with that account and move to the next? Is it not blizzards responsibility to ensure the forums are a positive place to go without being harassed or ridiculed?

You have left out their counter part the dreaded White Knight who will come to blizzards defense and be ornery over anything they may perceive as a slight to blizzard.

1 Like

Yeah, they’re annoying too, but I feel like there are far fewer of them, or at least their white knighting gets buried under all the bile.

1 Like

I feel like Blizzard, at one time, did ban people for being overtly negative. But all that did was empower the trolls who fell back into the tried and true excuse of “muh freedom of speech”. So now the place exists as an unregulated Wild West of sorts.

1 Like

Depends on what you think a toxic troll is.

I mean you can’t do anything or say anything positive without being called a toxic white knight fanboy shill.

You can’t even argue with the dedicated sobbers

The show up in anything I post because I tend to be negative. I like the game, but if I ever voice something I dont like about it they are all over me.

Nope Forum waters are just fine, little warm tho… suspiciously warm.

Nothing too crazy…just a small pox.

As long as they are in CoC they’re fine. If anything people that enjoyed immunity so long realize they have the crosshairs on them. Only thing that could make it better if they got rid of a couple of mvps.

As for the negativity… It’ll will always be here regardless of forum.

1 Like

Yes but it comes and goes on a daily cycle… although I honestly thought the GD forum at the end of Cata and early Mists was worse.

It’s not that bad and honestly, I’m ashamed of how so many people are little bites about every fuing comment. It’s pathetic to say the least. Making matters worse, these weak minded, soft, and highly offended pansies are often hired by Blizzard to PC police the whole damn system for dissent and assault on feelings. You cannot have a serious discussion on here, but instead must politely agree with or encourage stupidity so you don’t get mass reported (by mass I mean the very few people that actually do it, the report system is broken). IMO trolling and what not is overused and toxicity is a stupid overused term as well. A “MATURE” game with blood, war, murder, violence, sexual themes and seems ironic because you can’t have mature discussions.

I use the word “toxic” to refer to people who act like they are better human beings than other people because of how well they sit on their butt in front of the computer screen occasionally pushing buttons in a pre-memorized sequence.

2 Likes

they may not be better humans but they are better at wow.

Which as a demonstration that they are better human beings and deserving of adulation and worship is just a huge failure. As human beings.

If I were going to troll I would start a thread called “How Activision is like the old gods” and in this thread I would put out supporting points on how they really are whispering evil into Blizzards ear.

As I have gotten older my trolling has gotten far more advanced. The intent of this type of thread would be to capitalize on the fact most threads and people believe Activision is some evil EA like force corrupting the purity of Blizzard.

To the moderators it would look like a productive thread but in reality it would be feeding my desire to sow discontent and laugh at fools who comment with serious replies.

I’m lost why does this matter? Just live your life and ignore people you don’t like.

The problem is that anyone left from the old blizz that people remember as having integrity has long ago sold their soul to Sargeras. They are all in on it together. No one is innocent, and they still cannot admit there is a problem that can’t be handled with PR.

1 Like

No, I don’t ignore bullies who are trying to ruin other people’s fun because they think they sit in front of the computer better than others.

If you are supporting removal of content and rewards for the overwhelming majority of players in the game, you are antisocial. That sort of behavior should not be enabled.