Toxic players in retail are going to get a life lesson in classic

Dude the realm population is going to be 8 times bigger than Vanilla was. Poaching will not be an issue at all unless it’s a thunderfury tank.

Yeah you start to see the same people over and over. I was just playing on a vanilla server and its true that the people with bad reps never got invited to the good raids. Theu would ruin it. Infact people are sometimes very picky who they bring because they dont wanna end up with someone who doesnt know squat. The majority of GOOD PLAYERS wont be toxic i think. Its usually noobs that are really toxic

Don’t know where you got that from.

There was a post by the dev’s stating they have the hardware ability to take populations to several times what they were in 2006, but they have only upped the population limits by around 50% of what they were. The words were something along the lines of “old realm caps of full is now the medium threshold for Classic”.

Poaching wasn’t an issue in Classic either, the few occasions it did happen ? the resulting damage to both player and guild reputations became quickly recognized as too costly. It’s not thunderfury dependent either, iv’e been on the receiving end of a poach attempt when BWL was fairly new, and I was only decked in full might with a quel serra.

Um, they arent being toxic guy. If anyone was being toxic it was you.

The people playing retail enjoy retail, they are allowed to. They dont want “classic” thrown in their face all day long in “their” environment.

Classic is constantly portrayed as the retail wow killer. Would you want that thrown in your face while you are playing retail? You know, the version of the game you prefer and like.

I cant stand retail, I havent played since day 2 of the last patch. But I am capable of putting myself in other peoples shoes and seeing that I would not like dealing with that if I was them.

1 Like

The realms don’t stop players from logging in at medium population… They stop at some point after full. probably around 12k-20k

Sorry Tinderbits, I just can’t understand where you’re pulling those figures from, nor the “8 times” bit you said either.

Toxic players are more often than not, young players. Evident by their own words and immature sense of humor. It doesn’t take much to figure out you’re dealing with a 13 yr old boy.
This is why it’s best to join mature guilds. Weed out the 13 yr olds right off the hop, deal with the older toxic players after.

1 Like

We talk about toxic players but I found much less toxic players back when you’d spend 15 minutes running somewhere then if you were a total joke in the group you wouldn’t get anywhere

Ok i’ll let you do the math then:

If medium realm “already has more characters on it than the most crowded realms did back in 2006” how many players are online on a “full realm”???

There was plenty of those around on the stress test day…all you had to do was have general chat open and see everyone adding the word “anal” to everything because the profanity filter wasn’t filtering it out.

So let me follow your logic. Because a person feels threatened by another person’s desire to play Classic, the first person has the right to insult them?
Sounds reasonable.

2 Likes

Welcome to everything in life.

1 Like

lets say a 2006 realm had a capacity of 3000 players. medium is around the 1500 mark at best, high would be around the 2000+ to 2999, full would be your 3000.

So a 2019 medium realm being roughly equal to a 2006 full realm ( 3000 ), you’d be looking around 5000 per realm.

This discussion is also post layering btw, as layering is just hardware duplicating the realm server in the background.

You’re misreading the blue post :rofl:

Medium Classic Wow Realm Population > even the most crowded realms did back in 2006 population.

In plain english our medium populations already greatly surpass the most crowded Vanilla realms.

Re-adjust your numbers!

I did the math as you asked, how about you show us your’s on how you reached “8 times the size” and “12k-20k” ( which is a figure that also represents a large differential potential ).

Realms are about 50% to at most 70% bigger in population than those in 2006, this is no where near “8 times” the size lol.

Ok so there are 12 realms on NA during launch. So assuming all 12 realms are full Blizzard is currently only expecting 60,000 NA players. (5,000 per realm)[your numbers]

You’re mixing realms and layering together. Go read up on layering, then you’ll see where you’re going wrong.

i.e: currently a realm with layering has an infinate number of players, because as 1 layer gets full, it shunts players over to another server.

The actual realms POST layering are going to be around 50% bigger, that’s it.

I know what layering is.

So then you admit the realm populations are not in fact 5,000 each. Thank you!

lol, read up, i edited in while you were shooting yourself in the foot.

Where do you think these players go when layering is turned off :rofl: . They don’t just disappear. Unless you are suggesting Blizzard will cap the realm population to 5,000. (highly doubtful, and the very reason they wont release the caps)