Toxic Community

I realize toxicity has always been present in this game, but it feels like that level has intensified to such a ridiculous degree. First time back to the game in a while, I join a normal dungeon, follow this druid tank going some weird pathing that the druid used to get to by stealth, and I was kicked for pulling. I apologized for it but still not even just kicked, but insulted for it. I realize this isn’t going to get anywhere, but still. I just needed to vent about it. This game use to be something I loved, but have struggled to even wanna continue playing.

39 Likes

You’ll get people like that sometimes, did you happen to report for the insults? You can be kicked for the slightest stuff on here. :confused:

4 Likes

I didn’t report, no. I just assume reporting doesn’t really do much. maybe i should’ve

Someone bodypulled and got kicked for it, stop bodypulling and complaining when people call you out for it.

1 Like

Welcome to the internet in general

6 Likes

It was a normal dungeon. Where are they supposed to go to learn? Unless Blizz decides to build in a dungeon training mode that is soloable/groups filled up with bots there is no lower entry level for them to get to know the dungeon

26 Likes

People would work together in old times. If they kicked you they would have to hearth to find a replacement. Now its just instant que.

6 Likes

yup…got worse with that crap in BFA.
I ran 6-10 dungeons a day, a few BGs and some LFR in Legion. Loved it. Very few jerks then. Felt like maybe 1 in 50 players might have been problematic.
After BFA dropped, I started hating it because of the foul mouthed twits in group content. Up to maybe 1 in 25 players being clowns.
SLs…geezus. I think half the dungeons I ran ended up with a bogus vote kick against someone. ONE Of them was justified. Tank was just there to troll us.

The game is bad enough right now without players ruining anything that MIGHT actually be decent with it.

7 Likes

Ironic that in many of these threads DPS players have the 'I’ll pull when and where I want to pull" attitude. lol.
IF the tank was stealthed and THAT is why he was able to slide by and then DPS cant help but draw attention going the same path, THAT is an idiot tank causing that problem.

19 Likes

i had 20mins left in a m+ on last realm for DOS 15

accidently pulled and tank went off in a giant rage fit and left the group lmao

sometimes people cant control themselves and its hilarious hate to see something go wrong IRL for any of these people they would enrage

8 Likes

never seen any special toxicity compared to any place on the internet

4 Likes

“Toxicity” is a buzzword invented by snowflakes for anything that doesn’t pleases them.

9 Likes

“Toxicity” is a buzzword invented because people would get reported or banned for the stuff they actually would want to say to you.

5 Likes

It’s also Blizzard giving the game an esports mentality where everyone thinks going fast and trying to follow top tier players apply to everyone and every aspect of the game.

17 Likes

I feel you bro it’s getting ridiculous. I’ve never seen people turn into such rot-spewing jerks at the drop of a hat over the slightest mistake. Was in a HOA mythic + last night where a DH tamed a gargoyle right before the third boss which made the mobs 1% short after the final boss. The final boss was killed with minutes to spare and instead of taking 20 seconds to just kill another mob he was called a “retarded dumba**” and removed from group. I’ve really been lucky for most of my WOW playing to not see too much of this behavior but the past few weeks have been particularly brutal. It’s like noone is having fun playing a game but at a job they hate. Its unreal.

16 Likes

Do what I do. Learn to not care.

3 Likes

Welcome to World Of M+ craft.

3 Likes

We can just call it a lack of common courtesy and control of one’s emotions if that makes you happy.

Ps: why is it always you Area52 people?

I’d suggest avoiding leveling dungeons. Questing is faster and leveling dungeons seem to attract the worst of the worst for some reason.

3 Likes

Yeah, the worst part about MMOs are the players.

Wait, what?