Toxic Community

Wait, the tank stealthed for pathing and you got kicked for pulling. I’m going to assume you were playing a class that has no stealth?

Really that is so stupid.

Or is the assumption stealth pots are required now?

1 Like

Lockdowns etc have pushed people into a heightened response. Constantly pushing themselves to play.

Lots more are adapting their MDI alter ego lmao…

And I feel there is a shift in expectations now from the randoms when playing. Impatient, having set routes a’la mdi even in normal/heroic dungeons etc… it’s evolving. And not in a good way.

Really!! Man this made me laugh, damn tank in stealth mode LMAO! :rofl:

4 Likes

It’s mostly the bads and “casuals” in low level dungeons who want to blame everyone else for their mistakes.

lol…yeah that does kinda not seem like a good tank from the gate.
Hes the guy who’s SUPPOSED to be the shield…and hes hiding?
Different strokes, I spose…

1 Like

“3-4 people kicked me from a group. THE ENTIRE COMMUNITY OF MILLIONS OF PEOPLE ARE TOXIC.”

4 Likes

It was prob a group of buddies grouping in dungeons and only needed 1 more or so. Has happened to me my fair share of times, that’s just how mmos are :man_shrugging:

I’ve seen it happen. Probs the worst was when I was in this norm dungeon tanking and rogue pops shroud. We we all go passed some mobs except one guy gets left behind. Well guess what? VTK pops up to boot him. Before I can say anything, poof. He gone. We continue on. A new person gets ported in. Only they too spawn behind the mobs we passed already. Poor guy is like, “hey, how do I get to you guys?” Once again, VTK comes up. Poof. Gone. We continue on. Finally reach second boss and another poor guy gets ported in, once again behind the mobs we stealthed passed. And once again, VTK pops up. I clicked no each time but, poof. They gone.

Part of it is blizz’s stupid spawning system where they don’t port new players next to the existing team for some stupid reason. Part of it is just people being jerks.

4 Likes

It’s good to vent. Are the forums always the best place to do so? Probably not…

We all work differently. Trolls like to hide. Technically, I am “hiding” under a account with nothing done on it. But, I say certain things when I wanna be found. TMI/smol rant there for ya.

…getting on topic…

Truth… it took me a long time to learn one thing: I don’t care what anyone says. It’s up to me and what I let it do to me on the inside. It’s really peaceful when you can’t be trolled like that.

Also, kinda a hypocrite because I let the awful trolls think they get to me sometimes. Its entertaining to let them think they be roasting me. :angel:

I’ve been kicked from a dungeon I wasn’t even trolling in before, but they were. I didn’t wisp anything after they did. They live for that. So don’t feed the trollz.

Joining a guild and getting into voice is the best way to do content, imo. Its hard getting into established guilds tho because of the clicks. Or, a close few friends you can do content with to make up a m+ team, ect.

good luck OP and hope ur times in WoW get better.

2 Likes

I think all the nice, patient, quiet players leave when things like this happen. Or just don’t do that content any more. It’s not worth it.
I know it deters me sometimes.

And if that’s the case and cranky players are driving off nice players, you’ll only be left with the cranky players eventually.

4 Likes

The toxicity levels in m+ is absolutely astonishing.
I forgot to lust (usually I run with guildies/have someone else that does it) and even though there were no issues/aka we timed the key, I get “kys, you f** depress me” and that mentality stuck through the group. The tank apologized on the DPS’ behalf which was nice, and told me I did plenty well – but it is absolutely insane the behavior of players these days.

5 Likes

Maybe I’m just not that insulted by what some random player says to me over the internet, but it doesn’t happen that often to begin with. I wouldn’t worry about it.

That’s awesome you’re able to let things like that roll off your shoulders (no sarcasm intended) – but there are folks who just simply can’t do that. I’m a HUGE anxiety ball and running m+ with pugs stresses me out haha. I can play my class fine, but it definitely does sting to have people jumping down your throat. You never know what people are going through. Could always be the final straw, y’know? People are extra on edge being cooped up inside.

10 Likes

If you are interested, I started a discord server for M+, we are all nice… I can give you the address if you like.

5 Likes

Again, I think that kind of behavior is exceedingly rare. I’ve pugged a lot of keys since BFA and I can count the rage whispers on one hand. I’ve wiped plenty of groups lol. Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t stand for that kind of behavior in real life, but someone telling me that I suck just isn’t going to ruin my day. And who knows…maybe they’re right lol!

Sure! A discord server won’t hurt at all. :slight_smile:

The behavior isn’t rare at all, I think perhaps you’ve gotten incredibly lucky. The behavior is so prevalent that I just refuse to run keys without guildmates anymore.

1 Like

I’d check that out!

Your experience has just been radically different from mine then. In the worst keys, someone just leaves. There’s no announcement or name calling.

Come on by!

1 Like

That’s odd though. In almost every raid I’ve been in they are ported in where the group is at the time.

In some though, like Spires, you’re ported in at the “flight point” after death and they are slow.

Don’t get me started on the death walk back to your body from graveyard.
That little soul just ambles along in a little waving walk. It’s like Blizzard wants to slow you down in every part of the game.