Tower of Fun

I love getting some abilities but it still feels a little like blizzard is scared of making this almost too fun.

Give me more cool down reduction and crazy stuff. I want to chain lightning spam with 0 cool down applying fire and frost shock at the same time and it’s baking me cookies.

I do like the horsemen power on my DK but I’ve only gotten it in one run and that makes me sad.

1 Like

I’m not usually an alt person, but Torghast is making me want to level alts of different classes just to do Torghast. The Mage Tower didn’t even make me want to do that.

Also, apparently I need to purchase Hades with my newfound love of roguelikes.

1 Like

This is fun.

1 Like

It sounds like Outlaw and Sub have the same stuff going, just with hook instead of shadowstep :sunglasses: Sounds like Sin got the short of end of it for rogues from what Enekie is saying :hushed:

For Sub at least, that power that makes enemies lose half their health on the first hit (and then it comes back like a HoT) is great because of the initial burst. It’s good combined with the power that turns distract into a bomb if you time stuff right :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Hades is like Tor’ghast if everyone in Tor’ghast was hot and at the end of each run, you grew closer to them and decorated your room instead of logging off.

3 Likes

This is an accurate representation.

1 Like

Don’t start with Hades. Start with Binding of Isaac or something. Hades is something you graduate to.

1 Like

Pfft, that is not something a true WoW casual would do. I would immediately jump into the harder modes, make forum posts about how it’s too hard and that X gaming company hates casuals, and go back to Torghast.

1 Like

Go big and go home.

3 Likes

Hades isn’t harder or less casual, it’s just set up differently. It also has a different kind of permanent upgrade system that’s less straightforward.

Binding of Isaac is character based and items are unlocked rather than upgrading what you have directly, so it’s a little more transparent in the most important respects. Same goes for Enter the Gungeon.

Baenura is right, but only Hades lets you date a Gorgon Head, so who are you gonna listen to.

2 Likes

I spend a lot of time with roguelikes and roguelites, okay.

Binding of Isaac is w e i r d and has some pretty nasty looking enemies.

When you say something is really cool, you say hella cool, and Hel is the goddess of death, and when people die they can go to Hades, which is not only James Woods from Disney’s hit 1997 animation/adventure movie Hercules, but the name of the game you should play and win.

1 Like

Yeah Binding of Isaac is disturbing and gross but it’s the #1 roguelike for weird and fun item combinations.

(or combinations that literally kill you)

2 Likes

oh ho ho ho same! I told myself I wouldn’t be dumb this expansion and stretch myself across too many characters that I end up unable to catch up on anything with because there isn’t enough hours in the day.

Yet here I am in quarantine purgatory logging onto my rogue to chuck into the maw and start leveling lmao

1 Like

I really, really, really wish Torghast gave Heroic dungeon equivalent gear and eventually like Mythic dungeon difficulty gear at higher layers.

Regardless I am going to get zero upgrades this expansion because I would rather do Torghast than queue for Heroics. Prot paladin is best boy.

2 Likes

Maybe making a Torghast-specific set with like Anima bonuses and stuff might be fun in the future?

Like an “endless” Torghast mode where having this stuff would help?

The Twisting Corridors thing will unlock after the Bolvar quest is done, that’s the tower’s “challenge mode” and how you get a mount for the maw etc.

It would definitely be cool to have gear and more rewards.

I wish that mode was available now.

I kind of like this idea. Gear sets that are aesthetic AF and good baseline stats but legit set bonuses that maybe only actually activate down in Torghast.

oh you mean like Fractals in Guild Wars 2 where you had specific Fractal equipment for Agony resistance

Blizzard borrow more ideas pls

1 Like

Are you level 60 and it says 50, or you’re 60 on someone else? You tanking mythics? Let’s do some mythics.

I actually am compelled to gear just for the tower. I want that mount. And everything else.