Tourist Mode

We should not refrain from installing new ideas just because someone might exploit something. I always hate that logic. A better solution is to actively police the game and ban rule breakers.

And I 100% advocate for pushing Blizzard to actively moderate instead of just making players go without something just to save moderation costs.

As for practical. It doesn’t need to be practical. Not everything in game can or should or has to have a progression point. Something can just exist, to be used or not used and we should also push Blizzard to not be so intensely loyal to use metrics and just let the game world EXIST.

Pet battles are a great example of this. They offer no progression. Are not useful to our characters but exist anyway as a pure minor aspect that people can have fun with or not. I would love to see more stuff like that. Pointless and fun in small doses.

3 Likes

I’m just imagining one person narrating the story and lore in the dungeon to 39 people on the tour.

3 Likes

I mean, sure - if that was the only thing I said, but it wasn’t

Here’s the problem though … they’d have to actually make someone put it into the game, even something small (and this would DEFINITELY not be something small) has to be a conscious decision to be added into the game, and… what purpose would this actually serve? Basically no one, not even RP:ers, would use it, not in large enough numbers where this would make a difference - no one will leave the game without it, no one will come to the game for it, and everyone in the game would occasionally go there for private RP … which is already and arguably because of the presence of other NPCs … better in populated dungeons

And Pet battles is probably the BIGGEST reason why this is a pointless suggestion, as cool as it is … because in one word, I can say that pet battles do serve a purpose, because POKéMON, because “I choose you, Mr. Snuggles! Destroy Mini Kel’Thuzad!”, and that pets are novelty items that have existed in the game since the start and well… now they can do battle

It added a feature to where a feature could naturally be added

This… doesn’t, not in any capacity that does anything substantially at any rate

Find a way to make this a feature, by using existing features, and adding something that is desired and enjoyed by a lot of people the world over including those outside of the game, and that would actually be frequently used enough to the point where it wasn’t wasted development time as this is a feature that would require a fair bit of work

Do that, and… sure, then I can buy it
You can’t… well, we can both like the idea of it … but that’s all it will be until one can fulfill most if not all of those criteria above

Hey, guys! I want to host an event in Castle Nath. Let me just put it on the books for 2028.

2 Likes

2023*

Now you’re getting it.

I would love to see you solo Nath January 2023.

Heck, I would love to see you solo Uldir now.

Who said anything about soloing? I thought your said events? Are you soloing events? You’re getting awfully defensive for someone who already has a solution to a non-problem.

You did. Your solution is to wait literal years until current content becomes Legacy in order to tour it.

But I would like to see you tour Uldir, now.

You literally just quoted me not saying ‘solo’ anywhere. Would you like me to solo Nathria right now too? Congratulations on making the dumbest strawman on the forum this week. Uldir is an easy 5 man clap right now, ask your event friends to help you.

Man, I thought you were just trolling but nope. Okay. Well I will just be clear because you seem to want to obfuscate everything. Your solution to wait until content becomes Legacy is bad. It can’t be stated any more clearly.

1 Like

That’s just your opinion. Waiting a year after an expansion ends is quite reasonable. I’m sorry you can’t shift the goal posts to soloing despite how hard you tried.

And yet you persist. But you are correct on one thing, it is definitely my opinion that your solution is bad.

I persist in what? Talking to you? That’s a two way street, my silly troll friend.

Oh man, a troll calling me a troll. That’s some next level stuff. But I guess I keep taking that bait so it must be tasty.

This is what would break things in dungeons and raids not designed for 40 players.

And, you could go in and pre-clear the instance a few hours before your event and accomplish basically the same thing. That would last for a week on raids. Just don’t reset the instance.

1 Like

That sounds cool.

That would actually be badass and give archaeology a much needed glow-up.

You’re only calling me a troll because i called out your idea for being a pointless and silly as it is and you can’t handle criticism. The notion that your own idea could be bad threatens your ego and thus you resorted to calling me a troll. Ironically, that’s what trolls do, so I called you out for that, too. Reality hurts sometimes, but you’ll get through it.

Did some one hurt you? Was it me? Because I didn’t like your bad take? But just to be clear, again. My opinion is waiting on current content to become Legacy is not a viable solution and a bad idea.

1 Like

I scratch my head and say, this is a stupid idea, pure and simple.