TOS Break, Blizzard Takes No Action? Interesting

Forum Moderator Note: This topic has been closed as we do not allow callout posts on the forums. If you feel that someone is being disruptive in-game, please report them for such.

3 Likes

It’s entirely possible to complete the scepter well before the 10 hour war.

Oh, you sweet summer child…

11 Likes

It wasn’t automatic, it wasn’t even the abusive reports that led to the suspension.

2 Likes

Behavior that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment.

Being ganked by a 60 while I’m leveling a lowbie detracts from my enjoyment. Can I get the perpetrator banned?

9 Likes

Single issue pvp on a pvp server has never been an issue, for pvp to be actionable it has to reach the level of harassment. What is harassment is left vague on purpose and typically requires a level of intent needed.

However there have been multiple times people have been actioned for crashing a server by flooding a zone.

Also typically killing/denying quest npcs for prolonged periods has been frowned upon, however I am unsure if it has been an actionable offense historically.

All the people who completed the shards will be able to get the weapons so the only thing that would be missing is the mount. I have a suspicion that Blizzard will gift these players the mounts including the player from Grizzly but I doubt anyone will have anything more than a warning as punishment. I also don’t expect Blizzard to make a blue post statement about this.

2 Likes

There is no standard for this. It’s whatever blizzard feels like responding to.

Did you not read the following sentence…

No you misunderstand.

I’m not saying the standard is vague. I’m saying there is no standard at all.

If you want blizzard to take action, you probably need to leverage social media… in which case, it doesn’t matter if it rises to that standard or not.

2 Likes

PvP on PvP server.

Regardless to the above however, don’t expect Blizzard to fix anything when Activision has prioritize money towards automation vs actual staffing to ‘satisfy’ customer ticket support in order to maximize $$$ gain w/ minimal investment into the Classic machine.

This isn’t going to change any time soon with what their upper management prioritizes for their business model.

99.99% enjoyed every millisecond of it. 0.01% are butt hurt they didn’t get their pixels.

Cry more about a pvp issue with pvp solutions.

2 Likes

Get over it.

2 Likes

This article covers the basics - PvP on a PvP server is fine, even if it stops someone from playing for hours. Corpse camping, killing NPCs, PvP at the BWL orb, etc.

The exception to that is Zone Disruption which can happen on PvP or PvE servers.

For someone, or a group, to be actioned for zone disruption it has to be ongoing for an extended period of time. Usually more than 24 hours.

6 Likes

pretty sure he is angry because it was an extended period of time for a limited time event. just by watching people’s stream you could see that there was no way that can’t be considered zone disruption. It was literally just people aoeing at one point and everything just froze and people were phasing in and out due to lag.

Im curious why this is zone disruption?. What entitles any one person being there more than the other?

If anything be mad at blizzard for not having servers that can handle the load. But the players engaging in PvP during a rare time limited event on a PvP server should not be blamed

3 Likes

In fairness, since this was a timed 10 hour event, I don’t think that 24 hour guideline would be appropriate.

If this happened on a PvE server (keeping a mob in combat so a person could not continue the quest chain), that would clearly be actionable.

It’s an interesting discussion about whether this should apply to a PvP server. If it impacts a Horde player, there would be no PvP solution.

While I do like that they stuck it to Grizzly, I think this was a zone disruption activity.

1 Like

From WB experience is doesnt. We had issues early on with other alliance guilds taunting our WB tags and running or dragging mobs into our raid. Some of these people received temp suspensions for griefing because what they were doing had no PvP solution.

If an alliance guild did it to block another alliance guild it might because there would be no PvP solution to the problem. But being as it was horde blocking alliance there was a PvP solution. The big stopping factor was Blizzards server

I do think that is an interesting discussion as well. I suspect they will attempt to use whatever standards they did in Vanilla - which was very hands off. For PvP servers in particular, if there is a PvP solution at all, they tend not not get involved. We used to team up with other guilds so that we could get into BWL. It was multiple 40 man guilds in epic battles on huge piles of bones. Kind of a good memory actually.

Not saying that did not result in complaints. Sometimes the warts and flaws are part of the memories that make something stick in your head.

loot scoots away

1 Like
2 Likes

I made a post about this as well, it absolutely was zone disruption.

Almost 250 replies and still nothing from blizzard.

I am honestly heartbroken by the events that unfolded that day. Blame whatever you want, however you want, but the complete lack of care blizzard has shown when it comes to providing server stability among other things just shows how much classic is solely a cash grab for them.

They do not care about us.

1 Like