Torghast Torments

Developers’ notes: Over the last week, we’ve read and heard a lot of feedback on this part of Torghast, most of which has been focused on the concept of timers. Please see our recent post on this subject which begins with, “We agree that one of the best things about Torghast is that you can play at your own pace, without feeling rushed. We certainly don’t want to make Torghast into a fast-paced, timed game mode.” We’re working on more changes to Torments and all of Torghast; please stay tuned!

Blizzard. You can repeat this all you want. Reality is not going to change with word play. The matter of the fact is that Torments are designed to make each floor harder the more TIME you spend in them. You can try to convince people that they are not timers but the fact that there are many who don’t want more timed mechanics when this game already has Mythic Plus is undeniable. And trying to treat us as children who don’t know what a timer is is annoying, just admit that you changed Torghast and that it won’t longer be a non-timed feature as you showed in Blizzcon.

20 Likes

agreed quit wasting development time and toss them out.

8 Likes

Well it worked for bill Clinton… depends what the definition of is, is

1 Like

“It’s not loot boxes, it’s surprise mechanics.”

They aren’t timers, it’s a surprise deadline.

9 Likes

If we don’t jump on them, Blizzard proven more than capable of OKing stupid ideas because we didn’t ride them hard enough about it.

2 Likes

When did I say for you to stop?

And? They can tune Torments all they want. It won’t change the fact that they are designed by principle to make the floor harder the more time you spend on them.

1 Like

and? there is also a safe zone at the beginning of every level, and from what i’ve seen most floors only take about 10-15 minutes. if you can’t play for more than 15 minutes straight at that moment, maybe you shouldn’t be running torghast right then.

same principle as horrific visions, if you don’t have ~30 minutes to commit to a run, don’t start a run.

1 Like

Or we can stop enabling Blizzard’s dumber ideas.

6 Likes

I mean without knowing what they’re doing with torment changes/Torghast based on the feedback it makes it hard to get upset over what they’re doing.

I mean they could change torments to be an optional mask-type toggle like HV has which would allow players to completely opt out of it or they could change torments to be static that do not get stronger as time goes on.

then you will have people complain about not able to do the harder content

That’s fine, people will always be complaining. Even if they scrapped torments they’ll complain that shaman is busted or mage is the hardest tower, or whatever.

I mean to begin with the floors that have torments enabled on them aren’t actually required for the participating in the “required” aspect of Torghast and as torments are currently tuned you’d have to be spending over an hour in Torghast to even feel the impact of them, but here we are anyways.

1 Like

not really because its development time that could be spent elsewhere on something that actually matters. There is no power gain from higher lvls of torghast just cosmetics people spending time waiting on CD’s is a non factor if they dont get anything except cosmetic rewards from it.

MFW people get upset about Alpha involving tweaking, massive revamps, and cutting content. It’s kind of the nature of the beast.

Just scrap the torment system, focus efforts on other things thats more fun than a system we dont want. The main reason i was excited for sl was fact we have actual content without timers which is what sold me. This, no, im not going through another expansion skipping content cause i hate timers and feeling rushed. If it goes through live with timers i wont be in sl.

4 Likes

One thing is for sure pets will be a advantage in there inless they nerf them in there so they don’t overshadow other classes.

I think i might be doing the same here but im going to see how the gameplay is in there first i heard supposly the soft timer doesn’t go in until later floors so it might not be as bad as i think.

I actually didn’t even notice the effect of the torment I got the other day. No buffs to 6 stacks is nothing (well unless you are pushing things to the point you are almost failing anyway).

I’ve seen the mythic+ crowd even saying that they have to be firm on Blizzard. Quite honestly Blizzard is hoping probably that it’ll just pass and they take a W. That’s how I feel.

I don’t pay attention to the forum or social media complaining… so looking purely at the Alpha feed back…

Torments are POORLY received.
Can’t see that big of a positive out of them when they are literally trying to now nerf and change Torghast mechanics around the torments and vice versa.

I was hyped for Torghast at least… alittle… they are really showcasing that nothing has changed and they are going down a destructive path of ego.

Blizzard, if you reading this which you probably won’t.

You had lots of enjoyment the first time around from people… notice how that fell for the alpha testers after torments were introduced.

Stop over complicating something that is a non factor for the general player base.

People wait on cool downs during Raids. Why should this be any different… why don’t they do ‘‘torments’’ for every bit of content lol.

1 Like